How to get free hot spot after chainfire root?

ncreptile

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Last question I promise.. I have tried searching everything and I cannot get a clear answer.

I have a tmobile phone, unlocked and with straight talk which uses AT&T as its service.

Straight talk called today and told me im "abusing their network and if you continue service will be terminated or throttled, hotspot is against our terms of use".
So how do I get around this? I know there is a way..

Im new to rooting and just chain fire rooted my phone? I used a whopping 2GB for the entire month.. So im not "abusing" anything. I could understand if I was getting the service for free but Im paying every month for "unlimited everything"(as I was told) and darn it I expect unlimited everything!

Someone help me out and I will be greatful!

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Last question I promise.. I have tried searching everything and I cannot get a clear answer.

I have a tmobile phone, unlocked and with straight talk which uses AT&T as its service.

Straight talk called today and told me im "abusing their network and if you continue service will be terminated or throttled, hotspot is against our terms of use".
So how do I get around this? I know there is a way..

Im new to rooting and just chain fire rooted my phone? I used a whopping 2GB for the entire month.. So im not "abusing" anything. I could understand if I was getting the service for free but Im paying every month for "unlimited everything"(as I was told) and darn it I expect unlimited everything!

Someone help me out and I will be greatful!

Actually im pretty sure straight talk throttles you if you go over a certain amount of data use, I mean they throttle you bad. But back to the subject at hand. You could try "Wireless tether for root users", it's available on the play store, however some carriers block free tethering apps from appearing there, so if it isn't heres the link to the developer page on google code, just download and install the latest apk: android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting
It would also help if I knew what specific phone you were using, wireless tether depends on your phone model, as it has to be configured per phone. However, try it with the default settings first, most of the time they work unless you have a really obscure device, or a samsung.

lalec

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I will give it a shot later this evening once I figure my huge battery drain issue.

For battery drain try using Greenify and System Tuner. Do a quick search on each because there are several good articles and threads which show you have to have control over what loads and uses your battery. Google Framework Services is one of the worst abusers of battery on these phones.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38