Problems with Superuser installation

fez1452

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So I just tried rooting my brand new Galaxy S4 using motochopper and I am getting some errors. Did a few searches around the forums and found a few things but none that I could really understand to the fullest.

Here is the error I am getting from SuperUser:
dEYJyHf.png

Root Checker showing that I don't have SuperUser, BusyBox, or Su installed:
xDRgu65.png

And some info about my device:
or15ccw.png

Any help would be appreciated of course, as well as detailed explanations.
Please note though, this is my first experience with Android phones and am not aware how to "flash" or "recover" on an Android device yet.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Try again. If that doesn't work, try searching for another root method.
I'll usually root my devices manually rather than use a one click solution.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, you have MF3 (the latest AT&T firmware) on your phone and you cannot root until a new root exploit is found. Motochopper will not work. There's also no way to downgrade.

RG13

May 15, 2013
Visit site
my galaxy s4 was rooted and then unrooted because i had to sent it to samsung for a repair since the phone was getting hot then usual,
all they did was update the firmware and sent it back and its not getting hot anymore.
tried to root it again but its not working and now i know why thanks to this thread...but one quick question
wasnt android 4.2.3 released for at&t?

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't really know how to root an AT&T S4, but the fact that your root check app says that your phone is not rooted would completely explain why you can't installed superuser (which requires root).

RG13

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Android 4.2.3 doesn't exist, are you thinking of 4.3?

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

Yeah 4.3, isn't it out for AT&T ? If so how do I update ? I tried to update via the phone and it keeps saying is up to date.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
No, it isn't out for any device except the nexus devices and the Google edition phones I believe.

Sent from my wonderful completely customized galaxy s3 running CyanogenMod 10.1.2

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Yeah 4.3, isn't it out for AT&T ? If so how do I update ? I tried to update via the phone and it keeps saying is up to date.

4.3 isn't even out for the international Galaxy S4 yet...so you can bet it will be some months before AT&T users see it. Unless of course you install a custom ROM, which is available now.