[VZW] Rooting question, I want to make sure to avoid ME7 update before flashing the ROM

minionhunter

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
So I have a MDK S4 I got today at VZW

I have the phone, no SIM card in it yet, WIFI off, and ready to root using this method

[GUIDE] Root for Verizon Galaxy S4 ***VRUAMDK Build Only!*** - xda-developers

I think I can get up to this substep in step 3 before I have to connect to the internet
"After motochopper runs and your phone reboots on its own, check if SuperSU has any update in the Play Store"

I have not been to the play store yet, nor put in my SIM card. Is it safe (meaning there will not be an update to ME7) if I put in the SIM card before I root?

I've been told not to turn on WIFI or allow mobile network before rooting, but I think the SuperSU will need me to connect to the play store in the process of rooting.
xda-developers - View Single Post - For people that need help (NEW TO ANDROID)

I just don't want to have the phone update to ME7 behind my back before I can force it to never update with titanium backup.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer me.

Last edited:

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
The update will install its first procedure on its own, but thus isn't the actual update.

The actual update will begin with a prompt that ask if you want to install the update now or at a later time.

If you want to root, set the update time to something like a few hours away and then root with no fear.

I recently had to replace my S4 and had the same worry. Just allow the automatic portion to do its deal and then when the second prompt comes up, simply delay the update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC