quick question

MUFColin

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been searching for a bit and have still not been able to find an answer, so I thought I'd post here.

Basically I really like some of the features on this phone, including the smart stay, smart scroll, air gestures, and air view, so after flashing a rom after rooting, are all those features just gone? And if there is any way to keep them, how so? (I know at least the gesture to switch songs from the default music app can be replaced with the wave control app from the play store)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I thought I mentioned it above but I didn't,I have a galaxy s4

Last edited:

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been searching for a bit and have still not been able to find an answer, so I thought I'd post here.

Basically I really like some of the features on this phone, including the smart stay, smart scroll, air gestures, and air view, so after flashing a rom after rooting, are all those features just gone? And if there is any way to keep them, how so? (I know at least the gesture to switch songs from the default music app can be replaced with the wave control app from the play store)

Thanks in advance!

Read the sticky so you get better/faster help:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ur-carrier-when-posting-thread-read-here.html

Anyways, I don't know your device so can't recommend anything but in general, you can choose a ROM that is based on the same Samsung Touchwiz firmware that came with your phone. That way, you keep all that Samsung junk but you get other optimizations.

Touchwiz ROMs can have all the Samsung stuff
Google Edition and AOSP based roms (like what the Nexus has) do not have Touchwiz and therefore you will lose [most of] those features

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forums!
It depends on the ROM you want to flash.
If you get a TouchWiz based ROM (TouchWiz is Samsungs stock UI) then most if not all of the features will be there. The only time you would lose those is when you flash a plain Android ('Vanilla').

MUFColin

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
It depends on the ROM you want to flash.
If you get a TouchWiz based ROM (TouchWiz is Samsungs stock UI) then most if not all of the features will be there. The only time you would lose those is when you flash a plain Android ('Vanilla').
Thanks, so I guess I'm really just looking for a rom with touchwiz if I want to keep those features, thanks for clearing that up

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, so I guess I'm really just looking for a rom with touchwiz if I want to keep those features, thanks for clearing that up

No sweat.
Be advised: You need to gain root access in order to flash a custom recovery. You need the custom recovery to flash a custom ROM. Even gaining root access voids your OS warranty with your device.
Also, be very familiar with any steps in rooting or flashing. Double check they are for your EXACT device model and carrier.

Any questions by all means ask.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae