Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MUFColin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default quick question

I've been searching for a bit and have still not been able to find an answer, so I thought I'd post here.

Basically I really like some of the features on this phone, including the smart stay, smart scroll, air gestures, and air view, so after flashing a rom after rooting, are all those features just gone? And if there is any way to keep them, how so? (I know at least the gesture to switch songs from the default music app can be replaced with the wave control app from the play store)

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I thought I mentioned it above but I didn't,I have a galaxy s4
    Last edited by MUFColin; 08-20-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    CrackBerry Convert

Global Posts
    3,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Goldeneye 4.0 + CWM OUDHS

Default Re: quick question

Quote Originally Posted by MUFColin View Post
    I've been searching for a bit and have still not been able to find an answer, so I thought I'd post here.

Basically I really like some of the features on this phone, including the smart stay, smart scroll, air gestures, and air view, so after flashing a rom after rooting, are all those features just gone? And if there is any way to keep them, how so? (I know at least the gesture to switch songs from the default music app can be replaced with the wave control app from the play store)

Thanks in advance!
    Read the sticky so you get better/faster help:
    Please specify your carrier when posting a thread! READ HERE.

Anyways, I don't know your device so can't recommend anything but in general, you can choose a ROM that is based on the same Samsung Touchwiz firmware that came with your phone. That way, you keep all that Samsung junk but you get other optimizations.

Touchwiz ROMs can have all the Samsung stuff
    Google Edition and AOSP based roms (like what the Nexus has) do not have Touchwiz and therefore you will lose [most of] those features

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Thanks in advance!
    Welcome to the forums!
    It depends on the ROM you want to flash.
    If you get a TouchWiz based ROM (TouchWiz is Samsungs stock UI) then most if not all of the features will be there. The only time you would lose those is when you flash a plain Android ('Vanilla').

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    It depends on the ROM you want to flash.
    If you get a TouchWiz based ROM (TouchWiz is Samsungs stock UI) then most if not all of the features will be there. The only time you would lose those is when you flash a plain Android ('Vanilla').
    Thanks, so I guess I'm really just looking for a rom with touchwiz if I want to keep those features, thanks for clearing that up
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Thanks, so I guess I'm really just looking for a rom with touchwiz if I want to keep those features, thanks for clearing that up
    No sweat.
    Be advised: You need to gain root access in order to flash a custom recovery. You need the custom recovery to flash a custom ROM. Even gaining root access voids your OS warranty with your device.
    Also, be very familiar with any steps in rooting or flashing. Double check they are for your EXACT device model and carrier.

Any questions by all means ask.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here