Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aandrew610
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Default [ROM] Cyanogenmod 10.2 for the Galaxy S4

Cyanogenmod's build based on Android 4.3. Been on this rom for two days now. At this point, only nightlies are available. Even so, rock solid and very pleased with it. Anyone else trying it out?

Official Site

Verizon Link
    AT&T Link
    Sprint Link
    T-Mobile Link
    Thanked by 2:

Default Re: [ROM] Cyanogenmod 10.2 for the Galaxy S4

I've been running it on my galaxy s4 for a few weeks I'm completely satisfied

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    John Jacobs5 likes this.

Got one working eh? Good job.
    The praise is nice to hear but I want to hear comparisons, why not use for a week and note down pros and cons and then switch to another aosp or tw Rom and do the same. Could be helpful for people with the same type phone, or people just sitting on one Rom, and you'll gain experience points!
    At least open up about what diffences your seeing just from moving from stock.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I've easily tried over a dozen ROMs between my Droid incredible, HTC Thunderbolt, my wife's old Droid Charge and most recently my trusty GNex. I always come back to CyanogenMod. I have all the experience points I need, so this time I've decided to pick a daily driver early on and move on

Yeah but for everyone else reading your thread why do you like it, what benefits, how does it differ from the 12ish that you have been using.
    Otherwise your post is just as an add.
    No disrespect intended. I played with an older install of Cm, just curious to see others reviews of newer installs and how they compare to the roms you are switching from.
    Its interesting to me, I read your other posts and now that you got a Rom all loaded up and after 2 days it's your daily and love it, what makes it the one. What are you getting from it that just seals the deal and weren't getting from your other Rom.
    Did CM offer you special mods and cash for posting? (kidding, had cm on my last phone.)

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

You're pretty new here, whereas I've been away for quite some time. Perhaps things have changed since I last frequented AC, but in the Rooting, ROMs and Hacks subforum folks post root methods, software hacks and (wait for it) ROMs. To elaborate; as a courtesy, individuals post direct links to ROMs so others don't have to scour the deep dark web to find what they need. The [ROM] prefix in my title is there deliberately, as a searchable keyword so one can come into this forum, advance search for [ROM] (titles only) and voila! A concise list of ROMs available for a particular device.

Here's an example from the forum I used to frequent, the GNex forum ROM search
    The people who made these threads are no more affiliated with the ROMs they posted about than I am with CM.

I happened to notice no one started a thread on the new Cyanogenmod 10.2 build, so I did so. I had no justification beyond that, and was not compensated for this thread. Quite the contrary, I've donated to CM in the past for their work on the HP Touchpad. My sole motivation was to increase awareness of the ROM in this forum, to assist others who are struggling with finding new ROMs to flash.

Sorry, just asking.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

No worries. Truth be told this R,R&H subform has a very different vibe. Anemic traffic and users across multiple carriers. I think it has to do with the fact that an exploit hasn't been globally made available for all devices. Hopefully soon.
    Thanked by:

I'm still curious though. Sorry for derailing your post and sounding condescending.
    I keep sitting on touchwiz roms though I don't use any of the features other than the camera.
    Have you run into any annoyances with CM?

Where can I find the CM 10.2 for the international version of the Galaxy S4 (GT-i9505)?
    Currently I'm using the Google Edition 4.3 ROM, but I'm having some bugs about the SD Card, Play Store, etc.
    Do this CM 10.2 really worth? Thanks!

Edit: Already found it, but I still want to know if it really worth haha, thanks!

19505 isn't the international one

Does anyone know how -- or even if -- you can use IR blaster on CyanogenMod on the S4? I just installed CyanogenMod on my new S4 but can't seem to find info if IR blaster is supported....would be nice to use the phone as a remote.

Global Posts
    19,817 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by danyzfr6 View Post
    Does anyone know how -- or even if -- you can use IR blaster on CyanogenMod on the S4? I just installed CyanogenMod on my new S4 but can't seem to find info if IR blaster is supported....would be nice to use the phone as a remote.

I think that has software only supported by TouchWiz ROMs.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by HPferoxCraft View Post
    Have you run into any annoyances with CM?
    Actually no. The phone I just left last week (GNex) had CM 10.1.2 which was essentially the last build on 10.1. Absolutely zero issues with using that as a daily driver. Previously, I'd flash the RCs and they too were rock solid. The 10.2 nightly on my S4 is arguably just as solid, which is impressive. Battery life is incredible (although I didn't spend enough time on TW to draw a comparison).

My wife has an S4 and is perfectly content with Verizon's flavor of TouchWiz. I've used her camera enough to know it blows the CM camera out of the water (burst mode is amazing on TW). They have something similar in CM (focal) but it's super slow in comparison. Additionally, I think TW does the quick (pulldown) menu pretty nicely in comparison to CM. Beyond those two observations, I'm happy with stock android.

Does anyone know how -- or even if -- you can use IR blaster on CyanogenMod on the S4? I just installed CyanogenMod on my new S4 but can't seem to find info if IR blaster is supported....would be nice to use the phone as a remote
    I've heard that it's in the works, but right now no:
    This Week in CyanogenMod | CyanogenMod
    (check mod reply in comments)
    Rooted & ROM'd 32GB White Mist Verizon Galaxy S4

I'm using Kangabean 4.3 Google Edition ROM and WatchON works great.

I installed the 30th's nightlie and I kept getting reboots. Even when I installed it, I even formatted the "SD card." So I don't know what's up, but I have installed earlier nightlies with no issues. I love on CM that you can change almost everything.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Just upgraded from the 10.1 RC to most recent 10.2 Nightly. So far just as stable as the 10.1 RC.

Absolutely love CM on this phone. It completely ungays Samsung's awesome piece of hardware.

Highly recommended.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm sorry to respond to this older thread, but I'm thinking someone may come across this while searching. There's several apps in the Play Store for using the Samsung IR blaster. I don't have an S4 yet, so I haven't tried any out, but they seem like a great way to have your CyanMod, and eat it -- that doesn't make sense.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Just an update. The M1 Snapshot of CM10.2 is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by patchouliandcolt View Post
    I'm sorry to respond to this older thread, but I'm thinking someone may come across this while searching. There's several apps in the Play Store for using the Samsung IR blaster. I don't have an S4 yet, so I haven't tried any out, but they seem like a great way to have your CyanMod, and eat it -- that doesn't make sense.
    If the operating system doesn't know there is an IR blaster, then the apps trying to use the IR blaster won't work.

I installed Cyanogen Mod 10.2 on my S4 and it works great. I love the google feel it has to it. Except, and this is an issue for me, the camera software is severely hampered. There is a noticeable quality difference between photos taken with touch wiz and CM. I went to Best Buy just to compare the two, because I thought it was just me, but the difference was exactly as I thought. CM basically ruined my camera experience with my S4. If you know of a way to keep CM and get that that great camera software, that would be great.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Guadalupe View Post
    I installed Cyanogen Mod 10.2 on my S4 and it works great. I love the google feel it has to it. Except, and this is an issue for me, the camera software is severely hampered. There is a noticeable quality difference between photos taken with touch wiz and CM. I went to Best Buy just to compare the two, because I thought it was just me, but the difference was exactly as I thought. CM basically ruined my camera experience with my S4. If you know of a way to keep CM and get that that great camera software, that would be great.
    Download Focal from the Play Store. It used to be the default camera software for CM but the developer had a falling out with CM and pulled it to make it its own app. Much better IMO but still a work in progress.