- 3 Posts
Change ROM on i9505 - Questions
I need your help to answer a few questions about changing my i9505 ROM. I have now BMG7 (Orange Romania) ROM and i want to update it to the last German firmware BMGA(this is the last one right?) My phone is branded(it has orange applications, orange boot logo etc...) and it is locked(i purchased it with subscription).
My question is if i update it to the BMGA firmware(stock one, from sammobile) will i lose the warranty? If i lose it i can put the BGM7 firmware back before going to the shop, right?
The second very important question is: if i put BMG7 back ( also the official version of sammmobile for orange romania) before going to the shop will i have the orange apps, the boot logo etc. back?
And also what i want to know is if the phone will be locked again in the carrier... Because if it is unlocked(after i upgrade it to the German firmware) i guess the guys from the shop will figure out that i changed the rom or something..
- 09-01-2013, 10:19 AM #3
Re: Change ROM on i9505 - Questions
I would advise against doing this. Standard rule of thumb is to not flash even stock ROMs from different regions or carriers. Due to slight differences where files may be located can possibly brick your device.
If you are just trying to flash a custom ROM you can research how to root it, flash a custom recovery and then download and flash the new ROM.
If I helped you, Pay it Forward....
Current Devices: Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
- By alvintran1998 in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 9Last Post: 09-02-2013, 11:23 PM
- By junowatitis15 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2013, 08:40 PM
- By travo1978 in forum Moto XReplies: 13Last Post: 08-29-2013, 08:28 PM
- By Haluser5 in forum VerizonReplies: 1Last Post: 08-29-2013, 08:11 PM
- By klokateer123 in forum LG Optimus GReplies: 0Last Post: 08-29-2013, 06:16 PM