Phone wont go into USB debugging mode, cant flash to stock

dro1d4l1fe

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I cant get the pc to recognize my phone so I can use odin to return to stock.... Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in device manager, installing kies, reflashed the hyperdrive rom using TWRP, and wiped cache/dalvik. Mobile odin does not work for sch i545 so I cant use that... USB debugging is enabled and ive tried another cable/pc but nothing works, the pc just keeps repeating to me "USB device not recognized" this is a nightmare I cant get the phone back to stock rom.

when I look at the battery when I plug it into pc is says charging (ac) not charging (usb) so I think that might be the problem but I don't know how to fix it. I feel like the problem is that the phone is not going into USB debugging mode because of what the battery says. Has anyone ever had this problem and what can I do to fix this. All I want to do is reflash back to stock.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I cant get the pc to recognize my phone so I can use odin to return to stock.... Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in device manager, installing kies, reflashed the hyperdrive rom using TWRP, and wiped cache/dalvik. Mobile odin does not work for sch i545 so I cant use that... USB debugging is enabled and ive tried another cable/pc but nothing works, the pc just keeps repeating to me "USB device not recognized" this is a nightmare I cant get the phone back to stock rom.

when I look at the battery when I plug it into pc is says charging (ac) not charging (usb) so I think that might be the problem but I don't know how to fix it. I feel like the problem is that the phone is not going into USB debugging mode because of what the battery says. Has anyone ever had this problem and what can I do to fix this. All I want to do is reflash back to stock.

Try disabling Debugging. Windows is kinda picky about that. At least for my S3, my PC refuses to communicate with the phone until debugging is off.

dro1d4l1fe

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Yes I've tried with debugging mode on and off. The effect is the same. PC wont recognize and battery says "Charging (AC)"

dro1d4l1fe

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes I cant flash the stock in recovery it fails instantly. Seems you can only flash similar roms in recovery. Today the phone died from low battery, when it shutdown it immediately started back up without me pressing anything. It booted, ran out of battery again, again rebooted itself until finally there was 0 battery for it to keep rebooting itself. I got home plugged the phone in and it would not charge. So I used an external battery charger and put the battery back in after a little charging.

For some reason, the pc instantly recognized the phone, installed the driver and everything seemed to work. So right away I tried to reboot to download mode and flash stock with odin all while keeping the phone plugged into the pc. Odin registered the phone as com 3 when it first recognized it on the pc, when I went into download mode with the cord still connected, odin registered not only the original com 3 that was already there and hadn't gone away but also com 4. Unfortunately I tried to flash the tar and it failed. So I rebooted back to regular mode and now the pc wont recognize again as it wont go into USB mode again..... Im currently trying to drain the battery to repeat the effect in the hopes that I can figure something out.

dro1d4l1fe

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
WOOT just got it to work. Heres what I did to get it to work guys. I turned the phone off and when I powered on again I removed the battery before it left the first Samsung unlocked screen. I put the battery back in and booted directly into odin download mode. From here I simply used odin with only the auto reboot box checked to flash the stock firmware. So the trick was to pull the battery when the phone is first starting up. PROBLEM SOLVED! :)

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I would have to say it is a drivers issue. I found that when Winblows installs its own drivers I cant see either my s4 nor my nexus 5. I find that the only drivers that seem to work are in a file named "SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_1.4.8.0.exe" If I could upload a 24MB file I would however I suspect that I would be limited and blocked from doing so.

At least I found a link for the drivers.

Download Samsung Mobile Phone USB Driver 1.4.8.0 for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows XP 64 bit, Windows Vista 64 bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit

Give that a shot and see if your lucky enough to fix the device not recognised error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000