Wicked ROM And Noob Questions

Taylor York

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody seen this ROM? It looks to be great with multi window for all applications, and more. But how much most smooth does it make the phone without the bloatware? Like, swiping left to right on home screens and stuff smooth?

Also, I've jailbroken iPhones before, and it was very simple. This seems alittle bit more complex... If I want to go back to my stock settings, how do I go back to the original ROM (if I don't like the ROM, or don't want to show I voided warranty)? If I remember, for iPhones, all I needed to do was restore the phone to factory settings, but I believe that it's different from Android rooting. Maybe it's only different if you install a ROM? Is it not recommended to factory reset a custom ROM-ed phone?

Basically, I just want to know how much more of an improvement, or difference, a ROM like Wicked v5.1 would be over stock settings.

Thanks...

I have Sprint.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody seen this ROM? It looks to be great with multi window for all applications, and more. But how much most smooth does it make the phone without the bloatware? Like, swiping left to right on home screens and stuff smooth?

Also, I've jailbroken iPhones before, and it was very simple. This seems alittle bit more complex... If I want to go back to my stock settings, how do I go back to the original ROM (if I don't like the ROM, or don't want to show I voided warranty)? If I remember, for iPhones, all I needed to do was restore the phone to factory settings, but I believe that it's different from Android rooting. Maybe it's only different if you install a ROM? Is it not recommended to factory reset a custom ROM-ed phone?

Basically, I just want to know how much more of an improvement, or difference, a ROM like Wicked v5.1 would be over stock settings.

Thanks...

I have Sprint.
Welcome to the forums!
Less bloatware will mean more RAM for your apps. Wicked is still a TouchWiz based ROM, so there still might be a little lag in somethings.

As for returning to stock, You can simply flash a stock ROM via ODIN. That won't reset your flash counter though. There is an app in Play called Triangle away, I think. But be careful. That app actually changes some lines of code in the bootloader. If not done correctly, that can brick your device.

Realsis77

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
You can also do a nandroid backup of the stock rom before you flash this way you can restore your stock rom if you want. You make a nandroid backup by going into your custom recovery that you installed after rooting. Then simply press backup. This backups the whole stock rom. Then it stores this backup and you can restore it if need be. Hope this helps. Best wishes

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan