SGS4 : TWRP question

ronald316

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
hi everyone just new here.i have a question about twrp 2.6.3 on my gs4 its rooted i have beanstalk rom .my question his where does twrp store your conatcts in. because i have a back up in original rom in but i want to restore my contacts only because kies doesnt work it was now no go i tried all the usb original cable that came with phone none work shut computer off nothing. any help would be great thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: twrp question

hi everyone just new here.i have a question about twrp 2.6.3 on my gs4 its rooted i have beanstalk rom .my question his where does twrp store your conatcts in. because i have a back up in original rom in but i want to restore my contacts only because kies doesnt work it was now no go i tried all the usb original cable that came with phone none work shut computer off nothing. any help would be great thanks
Welcome to the forums!
TWRP doesn't store anything for you. It is a recovery. I can create a backup, but that is stored in your internal memory. Did you make a backup of the stock ROM before you flashed? Were your contacts saved to Google?

ronald316

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

its stored on my other program that was on phone before when i go restore which one do i check of data systeme or others.how do i check if its save to google

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

its stored on my other program that was on phone before when i go restore which one do i check of data systeme or others.how do i check if its save to google

Did you sync your contacts with Google?

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

ronald316

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

no i dont think so why cant i just select the contact part on twrp from other rom and install it on this one or am i going to have to reinstall old rom save contacts to google and then reinstall beanstalk and do it that way

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Easy answer here is the backups that custom recoveries make like TWRP or CWM, etc. are done in a coded/compressed format. Its not something that can be easily pieced apart for a specific restore of a certain piece of information.

That is were Titanium Backup or other app/data backup apps specialize and come into great play.

ronald316

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site

ok is this a option back up my new rom with twrp factory reset install my old rom sync my contacts and text messages to google and then reinstall .i did have a backup with titanium and when i go to restore no data in restore

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

ok is this a option back up my new rom with twrp factory reset install my old rom sync my contacts and text messages to google and then reinstall .i did have a backup with titanium and when i go to restore no data in restore

Is the old ROM from a backup? If not, you are going to be in the same boat.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Did you save your backups to internal or external card? Your nandroid will be in the folder called TWRP. An app like Nandroid Manager might be able to pull the contacts out if you cross your fingers really hard.
If you can't find your TB backups, go under TB preferences and choose Backup Folder Location and tap on detect. If it finds it pick Choose. If it doesn't find anything there's a good chance you lost them due to how you wiped your device.
A lot of people have there contacts saved to Google and don't even know it, some carriers set it all up when you buy the phone. Try removing your Google account, clear cache and data from Google play, reboot, readd the account.
For the future set up your backups to save to extsdcard to minimize disasters.
Unless you set twrp backup to extsdcard direct it to sdcard/emulated/0 and look for the folder TWRP. Restore your nandroid and start over.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad