Galaxy S4: Superuser Error Message

falconsrulz

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to all this so bare with me...

I switched over to Android recently and have the Galaxy s4, model sch-i545. I rooted it using motochopper and now when I click on Superuser I have to Install it. When I click install though "There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer" pops up. This is nothing like Cydia, so I'm pretty lost. I've been all over google trying to find a solution, but have gotten nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Superuser Error Message

I'm new to all this so bare with me...

I switched over to Android recently and have the Galaxy s4, model sch-i545. I rooted it using motochopper and now when I click on Superuser I have to Install it. When I click install though "There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer" pops up. This is nothing like Cydia, so I'm pretty lost. I've been all over google trying to find a solution, but have gotten nowhere.

Welcome to the forums!
Could you link to the root method you used?

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

If you have a custom recovery you need to flash it through there there is a flashable version of it on the super.su in the official thread on xda

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

Greetings, I've the exact same problem having followed this guide How to Root Galaxy S4! [ALL Qualcomm Models] [Windows] ~ Android Rootz | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and more! but for a Galaxy S4 Active SGH-i537. Best regards!

Depends on your phone and android version unless your on any other phone besides at&t and verizon twith an official kit kat your not going to be able to root as the boot loader is locked and the only root method is to flash a custom kernel and reflash the official letting root access so basically if you took kit kat there is no root method and your sd card is useless and theres not a damn thing you can do about it

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

I need this information under settings> more> about device I need your build number and such

Attachments

• 1395437740810.jpg
    1395437740810.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5

mysoundman

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

20140405_223448.jpgI have done everything I can find on links to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. I keep getting errors that there is no binary code, not sure what else to do.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 111088I have done everything I can find on links to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. I keep getting errors that there is no binary code, not sure what else to do.

OK the active is slightly different if your on mk2 use the verizon safe root it's based off of moto chopper but it's modified for the gs4 the active has slightly different internals so it might not work
Btw I can't really read that it's blurred take a screen shot... quickly press the power button and the home button it's a bit to get used to but you'll get it and attach it from your gallery from the app

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463