1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation I have rooted Verizon S4 with VRUAME7 build, have safestrap, cant load Cyanogenmod... HELP!!!!

So, I have rooted ~6 devices, most ended up with CM 10.1 or Eclipse on them. THIS S4 is giving me fits....

Rooted it just fine with the SD card terminal emulator exploit... great...
    downloaded and run safestrap, created nandroid backup... GRAND
    DL 10.2 nightly and flashed it to rom slot 1... then hit reboot, now just a black screen! let it sit for half hour to think about what it has done, no effect. I got it back up and running on stock rom slot, downloaded the hyperdrive rom, worked just fine. I thought i just got a bad nightly so i tried a few of them, and even the stable 10.1.3 build of Cyanogenmod... NADDA...

Like I said I started with the VRUAME7 build. Is this still jamming me up even with dual booting a custom rom?

;TLDR black unresponsive screen after flashing CM with safestrap

HELP HELP HELP! Touchwiz is killin me! Hyperdrive is TW based and I want good ol CM!
    Will provide internets as payment/reward for help

Default Re: I have rooted Verizon S4 with VRUAME7 build, have safestrap, cant load Cyanogenmod... HELP!!!!

CM will not work with current version of SafeStrap. Until someone figures out Kexec we can only use TW ROMs with ME7 stock kernel.

Here's a list of function ROMs...
    Last edited by brad snyder2; 10-04-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added link
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I have rooted Verizon S4 with VRUAME7 build, have safestrap, cant load Cyanogenmod... HELP!!!!

+700 internets to you sir. Thanks
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Wifi seems to not work on all that I have tried that boot up... Ideas? Kind of important these days with limited data

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cetovick View Post
    Wifi seems to not work on all that I have tried that boot up... Ideas? Kind of important these days with limited data
    Need to DL Hash's ME7 module zip to flash after ROM should be on SS page

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Fixed! Thanks a bunch guys... Now. .. Eclipse or hyperdrive? Hmmmm
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Can I use same method to put cyanogenmod on my me7 build?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cetovick View Post
    Can I use same method to put cyanogenmod on my me7 build?
    No. There are only touchwiz based roms for use with safestrap right now. I wish I could have cyanogenmod my gs4. You could try the stock android rom:

Have Safestrap on my ME7. Confirming that CM 10.1 is still a no-go. Would most recommend Hyperdrive?

Quote Originally Posted by wedmiston View Post
    Have Safestrap on my ME7. Confirming that CM 10.1 is still a no-go. Would most recommend Hyperdrive?
    I'm a rank amateur at this business but I've had Hyperdrive running on my s4 via SafeStrap with no issues to speak of for some time.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ironyengine View Post
    I'm a rank amateur at this business but I've had Hyperdrive running on my s4 via SafeStrap with no issues to speak of for some time.
    That's a TouchWiz based ROM. AOSP ROMs are the ones not compatible with the current root method.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

The TW v2.6.3.1 or any other vertion dont work I cant get the recovery page at all everytime I try to reboot into recovery mode I get the ODIN MODE. please any help here