Can I use Cyanogen Mod?

GlassToTheArson

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the SCH-I545, for ref.

I was wondering, can I use Cyanogen mod on my device? And if so, is it worth it? I've got zero clue what I'm doing with all this ROM business, but I seemed to be able to root my phone easy enough.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Just be sure that your specific device is supported, make sure you back up your phone, read all faq's on their site about the rom; basically saying, just read everything first!

Good Luck!

Chris

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
It was to me as well in the beginning. Just don't do it now, sleep on it, and read all reviews on cyanogenmod. I personally didn't like it because I never had much luck on it being stable on my phone, no big issue, just small things I noticed. Just read, and watch videos until you either convince yourself to, or not to! :-D

The daunting task you mentioned, is it because you're not rooted and have to do that as well?

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Just goto to recovery and choose the backup option. This screenshots your current working Rom. I use a program call Rom Manager, it has options built in, to backup, restore and numerous other Rom options.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

GlassToTheArson

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I tried the recovery thing and there wasn't a backup option. I downloaded Rom Manager, and I'm poking around. Does Titanium work for a complete back up?

I just used the back up rom option in Rom Manager and the menu it takes me to, still doesn't have a back up option :(

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't use TIBU for backing up my phone, so not sure about that. But man, that's really weird not having that backup option.

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
So you're not using TWRP Recovery? You must be using CWM? I would not flash any roms until you figure this backup issue out. I'm hitting the sack, I'll check on ya tomorrow.

Chris

chrisxpierce

Banned
Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Here's what the recovery window should look like. Perhaps someone else here can offer some assistance that may have your specific phone.

Attachments

• 1381142517810.jpg
    1381142517810.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995