CM GApps - Does Order of Flashing Matter?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I successfully flashed CM10.1.3 on my GS4 using TWRP but I forgot to flash GApps along with it. Should I just go back into recovery mode and flash only the GApps or do I need to flash CM again along with it?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes.

Just reflash and you're good. The order doesn't matter.

Maybe do a wipe first just to be on the safe side.

And BTW...could you do me a favor? After you finish flashing, could you check and see if the proximity sensor is working okay on your device? Just make a phone call to someone and see if the screen comes back on immediately after pulling the phone from your ear.

I'm personally having trouble with mine and wanted to know if others were as well.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes.

Just reflash and you're good. The order doesn't matter.

Maybe do a wipe first just to be on the safe side.

And BTW...could you do me a favor? After you finish flashing, could you check and see if the proximity sensor is working okay on your device? Just make a phone call to someone and see if the screen comes back on immediately after pulling the phone from your ear.

I'm personally having trouble with mine and wanted to know if others were as well.

Ok, but do I need to flash both or just the GApps zip? I tried the phone call and it works but it takes like 2 seconds for the screen to come back on.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, but do I need to flash both or just the GApps zip? I tried the phone call and it works but it takes like 2 seconds for the screen to come back on.

Just the Gapps.

Make sure you have the Gapps for Android 4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, just one more question. I had like 7 GB of storage before I flashed CM and now I only have 4 because TWRP uses around 4. Can I delete TWRP and re-install later if I need to flash something else?

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, just one more question. I had like 7 GB of storage before I flashed CM and now I only have 4 because TWRP uses around 4. Can I delete TWRP and re-install later if I need to flash something else?

I wouldn't suggest doing that. The recovery helps to ensure that if the phone is bricked, you can still get in it and fix it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying your nandroid backup you made with twrp is taking up 4 gigs? If so just move the backup/s to Extsdcard or your pc.

Screenshot_2013-10-07-22-00-54.jpg
Not sure if this is the nandroid backup but it appears as Misc. in my device storage

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Navigate through your file explorer to storage/emulated/0/TWRP, if there's a folder that says Backups or something like 0f26f11d then that's your nandroid folder, just move that one somewhere else.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Navigate through your file explorer to storage/emulated/0/TWRP, if there's a folder that says Backups or something like 0f26f11d then that's your nandroid folder, just move that one somewhere else.

How do I move it? It lets you "Copy selection here" and "move selection here" but there's no move option

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I usually cut and paste it to my pc while it's connected to it.
Otherwise I use X-plore file explorer app. You can set it up so in landscape mode so one half the screen is listing your internal storage and the other half is your external. Then you select what to move and where to move it, hit copy and a pop-up asks you to copy or move, select move and it's done. For me it makes it nice so I don't have to manually navigate through folders.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-10-08-11-57-21.png
    Screenshot_2013-10-08-11-57-21.png
    403.3 KB · Views: 4

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I usually cut and paste it to my pc while it's connected to it.
Otherwise I use X-plore file explorer app. You can set it up so in landscape mode so one half the screen is listing your internal storage and the other half is your external. Then you select what to move and where to move it, hit copy and a pop-up asks you to copy or move, select move and it's done. For me it makes it nice so I don't have to manually navigate through folders.

I'll try that, thanks. The built in CM file explorer sucks

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Won't let me move it
It says something like Open failed: EACES Permission denied
Can't post the screenshot from my phone