Not sure if triangle away worked

rONALIZNN

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
I just used triangle away in order to have my warranty back, and it now says on download mod:
current binary: samsgung official
system status: official
knox warranty void: 0x1

shouldn't it say on knox warranty void 0x0?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
I just used triangle away in order to have my warranty back, and it now says on download mod:

I think Knox was a way to show that something was done to the device (like rooting) and can't be cleared.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

As it stands, tripping Knox is permanent. I guess there isn't a warning on these forums about that. There are several things in the works on beating the system, mostly from official sources because unofficial methods are proving futile.

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Correct, as Golfdriver said, it is no longer covered by warranty through Samsung. If you have insurance, you'll be good to go though.

shouldn't it be a feature of 4.3? i am still at 4.2.2
Knox doesn't show on your Download Mode screen unless you've installed the 4.3 bootloader. If you didn't do it intentionally, something did and you're probably stuck. Sprint's bootloader is locked with 4.3, and attempting to install a 4.2.2 ROM will not boot. I do not know if this is the same case in other regions.

rONALIZNN

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
Correct, as Golfdriver said, it is no longer covered by warranty through Samsung. If you have insurance, you'll be good to go though.

Knox doesn't show on your Download Mode screen unless you've installed the 4.3 bootloader. If you didn't do it intentionally, something did and you're probably stuck. Sprint's bootloader is locked with 4.3, and attempting to install a 4.2.2 ROM will not boot. I do not know if this is the same case in other regions.

as far as I know, i did not installed 4.3, what i did was rooting the device, and now, i used triangle away, wiped all data, and flash with a stock firmware, which says in settings, 4.2.2

rONALIZNN

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
and no, I am not on sprint, I am from Portugal, using Vodafone. I never updated to 4.3, actually, it is telling me to do so.
So, if I am still at 4.2.2, why does knox appear on download mod?

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
and no, I am not on sprint, I am from Portugal, using Vodafone. I never updated to 4.3, actually, it is telling me to do so.
So, if I am still at 4.2.2, why does knox appear on download mod?
Well then you guys may have gotten a bootloader update with Knox already activated prior to 4.3. In any case, it cannot be reset. Triangle away resets the ROM/Download counter, and not Knox.

rONALIZNN

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I really think it should be just on 4.3, as I already said, I am still on 4.2.2. Does anyone know about any solution for me? is it still possible to go to a firmware which doesn't have got knox?
My galaxy s4 is i9505, Portugal Vodafone.