[Galaxy S4 / Sprint] I wanna reformat completely!

SYeakel714

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
First off I have a Galaxy S4 from Sprint and I completely messed it up.

So I tried to root my phone using CyanogenMod and needless to say it completely messed my phone up.
All I get is a bootloop and when I tried to THAT I now get a error that says, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."
Kies hasn't worked! The serial number doesn't even go through and the program doesn't even read my phone.

So basically I don't ever wanna mess with this whole rooting thing again and just completely reformat my phone for the better.

TL:DR - I messed up my phone bad and just want it to be normal again. HELP D=

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
First off I have a Galaxy S4 from Sprint and I completely messed it up.

So I tried to root my phone using CyanogenMod and needless to say it completely messed my phone up.
All I get is a bootloop and when I tried to THAT I now get a error that says, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."
Kies hasn't worked! The serial number doesn't even go through and the program doesn't even read my phone.

So basically I don't ever wanna mess with this whole rooting thing again and just completely reformat my phone for the better.

TL:DR - I messed up my phone bad and just want it to be normal again. HELP D=

Welcome to the forums.

You would need to download the stock ROM file. You can go to Samsung Updates.com, look for you exact model number. Those downloads normally take a while, they are throttled. Afterwards, you can look at this http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

SYeakel714

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I have to go to work, this download is taking 12 times longer than it should.
I will post results when I get home.

Volumn up and power don't even start recovery mode.
Also when I tried to reroot it, it went straight to CyanogenMod boot loop again. (That's before I started getting the Kies error message)
I'll test it out your method when I get home.

Thanks for the info!
Anything additional you could tell me would be great.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately I have to go to work, this download is taking 12 times longer than it should.
I will post results when I get home.

Volumn up and power don't even start recovery mode.
Also when I tried to reroot it, it went straight to CyanogenMod boot loop again. (That's before I started getting the Kies error message)
I'll test it out your method when I get home.

Thanks for the info!
Anything additional you could tell me would be great.

QBKing77 on YouTube might have a video on how to do this too.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03