Stuck on Samsung Logo.

MercyIsKey

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505 LTE
Region: UK
Firmware: 4.3 JellyBean
I tried to install 4.4 Kitkat, on my S4, it failed so now I can't boot it back to normal. It just stays stuck on the Samsung Logo. I took it to CWM where I wiped the data, cleared dalkik cache (Don't know the spelling), so now I cant even get to CWM as it's gone as I reset. If I try to get it too recover mode, it just goes to the samsung logo and stay there for eternity. I tried removing the battery and placing it back several times. I need help just to get it back to normal, I don't care if I lose my stuff.
Can you please, give me a newbie tutorial.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-19505 LTE
Region: UK
Firmware: 4.3 JellyBean
I tried to install 4.4 Kitkat, on my S4, it failed so now I can't boot it back to normal. It just stays stuck on the Samsung Logo. I took it to CWM where I wiped the data, cleared dalkik cache (Don't know the spelling), so now I cant even get to CWM as it's gone as I reset. If I try to get it too recover mode, it just goes to the samsung logo and stay there for eternity. I tried removing the battery and placing it back several times. I need help just to get it back to normal, I don't care if I lose my stuff.
Can you please, give me a newbie tutorial.
If you can still get into recovery find a ROM (perferably stock) and flash it. That should get you booted. If it doesn't, you'll need to find an stock firmware ODIN file to flash onto the device and get you back to stock. I'll see if I can find one and link you to the source for assistance.

808cbt

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
After replacing battery, did you just try holding down, volume up, power, and home button till CWM appears, also did you do a back-up attempting your update...

Last edited:

MercyIsKey

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I want to get back on a stock firmware, can you please help me, I think I found something relevant do you think this is correct.

DroidViews | How to Unbrick Your Bricked Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, GT-I9505, SCH-I545
Download Odin3 tool and unzip it on your desktop: Odin3-V3.07.Zip
Download appropriate PIT file for Galaxy S4 GT-I9500, GT-I9505, AT&T SCH-I337 or Verizon SCH-I545 (corresponding to your phone model) and extract the zip file on your desktop:
I9500_pit_file.Zip
I9505_pit_file.Zip
SGS-I337_16GB.Pit
SCH-I545-Pit.Zip
SGS4-Wind (Canada).Pit
Download and install either Samsung Kies or USB Drivers on your computer: Download
Download latest correct firmware for your Galaxy S4 and extract the zip: Download
Turn on USB Debugging on your Galaxy S4 from Settings> More> Developer Options. If you are unable to see “Developer options” under phone Settings, you’ll have to enable it first. See This Guide to enable the Developer Options on Galaxy S4.
Charge your phone to at least 70% battery level.

808cbt

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
After replacing battery, did you just try holding down, volume up, power, and home button till CWM appears, also did you do a back-up attempting your update...

MercyIsKey

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I haven't backed it up, because when I tried backing it up last time I had 20mb left on my storage (I don't have an external SD card). I also never thought of it crashing because I updated to 4.3 Jellybean via ODIN seamlessly.

MercyIsKey

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I haven't backed it up, because when I tried backing it up last time I had 20mb left on my storage (I don't have an external SD card). I also never thought of it crashing because I updated to 4.3 Jellybean via ODIN seamlessly. Also, I canntro go in to CWM, because I had formatted the cache, wiped dalvik cache, the S4 just stays on the S4 Logo.