- 2 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S4 Vietnam Version
I have got myself an S4, Made in Vietnam. Configured it for GMail, synced it, however I found that I could not access Play Store. Apparently, the OS is configured to restrict the user to install apps only from Samsung Apps (which are pre-installed in the phone).
Additionally, I am experiencing weak wifi connection and short battery time. I installed Easy Battery Saver, it started interfering in WiFi connections. I downloaded WiFi Booster apk file and installed it. Not only that this did not help wifi connections it also blocked facebook. Did a factory reset, and the set is working as previously i.e. weak wifi connection and short battery time.
Intend rooting the set for better performance and for accessing Play Store. I would like to know that if if I root, will the performance improve? Will I be able to access Google Play Store, GMail, facebook and other similar sites? Most important: Is the process reversible?
- 2 Posts
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Vietnam Version
Correction ! Correction !! Correction !!! I read somewhere on this forum that I should 'Clear Data' in Play Store Settings and then retry. I did that and can now access Play Store.
Successfully downloaded all the apps which I needed and installed. The phone is working fine.
However, the question of rooting the phone with an aim to improve performance still remains. And of course, is the process reversible ?
Will somebody kindly help me out.
- By ssharp1016 in forum T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2Replies: 3Last Post: 12-16-2013, 08:18 AM
- By Ben James2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 12-09-2013, 12:50 PM
- By dlfoley in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
- By Murocflyer in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 0Last Post: 12-09-2013, 11:07 AM
- By ammojus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 12-09-2013, 10:32 AM