Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint S4 rooting advice

I have the S4 from Sprint and I don't know anything about how to root my phone. I have heard that it helps you remove all the junk that the company installed in your phone. Can anybody tell me more about the pro's and con's of rooting and HOW to do it? Thank you!
    Last edited by Pink_Camellia; 12-12-2013 at 08:17 PM. Reason: want to be more specific

Global Posts
    20,768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Sprint S4 rooting advice

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Camellia View Post
    I have the S4 from Sprint and I don't know anything about how to root my phone. I have heard that it helps you remove all the junk that the company installed in your phone. Can anybody tell me more about the pro's and con's of rooting and HOW to do it? Thank you!
    Rooting grants superuser access to the phone. It allows you to make changes to your device. However, with this comes responsibility. If you aren't careful, you can damage your device. Rooting voids the warranty.

Rooting does allow you to remove bloatware (something that root access shouldn't be required for) and install custom recoveries and ROMs.

You however, can disable most bloat without root.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Some of the stuff I cannot uninstall. A guy from best buy told me that if I were to unroot my phone before bringing it in they wouldn't notice.
    Can you be a little more specific with the stuff I could do please and thank you

Global Posts
    20,768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Some of the stuff I cannot uninstall. A guy from best buy told me that if I were to unroot my phone before bringing it in they wouldn't notice.
    Can you be a little more specific with the stuff I could do please and thank you
    Changing the CPU clockspeed, disabling stock apps, changing the ROM framework, the list goes on.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    20,768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

More on disabling apps: [GUIDE] How to Disable Apps

Phone Timeline
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

But it says they still take up space on you're phone they're just "in a coma".

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

But it says they still take up space on you're phone they're just "in a coma".
    I don't think they can be permanently removed from the storage but at least they will be completely disabled and performance still improves

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
    Golfdriver97 likes this.