- 25 Posts
On my Verizon S4, do I have to keep the stock kernel? It seems that to root, I had to install a pre-release kernel, but all of the sites say to reflash the stock kernel. I had Franco kernel on my
G-Nex and loved tinkering with it. Can I flash a custom kernel to my new phone or is it preferred that I remain with the stock?
Thanks for any insight!
- 12-14-2013, 08:52 PM #2'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By Himeko7 in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 27Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
- By Bruninho98 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2013, 04:46 AM
- By snafubaby in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2013, 06:35 PM
- By Eyal Segal in forum Android App InventorReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM
- By glc650 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM