- 25 Posts
On my Verizon S4, do I have to keep the stock kernel? It seems that to root, I had to install a pre-release kernel, but all of the sites say to reflash the stock kernel. I had Franco kernel on my
G-Nex and loved tinkering with it. Can I flash a custom kernel to my new phone or is it preferred that I remain with the stock?
Thanks for any insight!
- 12-14-2013, 08:52 PM #2
Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
Community Guidelines and also here
- By Himeko7 in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 27Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
- By Bruninho98 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2013, 04:46 AM
- By snafubaby in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2013, 06:35 PM
- By Eyal Segal in forum Android App InventorReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2013, 09:00 AM
- By glc650 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2013, 01:50 PM