Galaxy S4 Downgrade M919 4.3 to 4.2.2 Anyway? (not afraid to root)

Chris Slatosch

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Here's the steps ive taken and results.
*Note i know there is way more to theses steps. Just kinda summarizing it
1. Downloaded the Official Tmobile Firmware release 4.2.2
2. Flashed CWD through CF Auto using Odin 3.09
3. Tried to install from sd/0 zipped firmware. and crash :'(.

Now, it would reboot back to the original state no problem, But for some random reason i lost root shortly after. Im not sure why. (not really the point of topic)

when i went back to do the same process to gain root it didint allow it. The recovery stayed stock. i have a Galaxy S4 M919 Through T-mobile. If anyone could shine some light on
A downgrade process ( i dont care if it flashes on the the Knox Counter, i own the device fully) That would be great.

Thanks in advance
(sorry if this post is in the wrong place, im new here) :)

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
The last I knew, Knox would not allow reverting back to 4.2 once 4.3 was installed. I may very well be wrong, but I don't think I am.

fallofredmond

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The stock ROM automatically re-flashes stock recovery on reboot. You have to flash the custom recovery with the no reboot option (or "--no-reboot" as the common argument to the Heimdall command. Then pull battery and boot directly into recovery and flash away. However, I flashed another ROM immediately after figuring that part out so no idea if rooting stock ROM stops the stock recovery flash from happening.

And yes, the Knox bootloader will not allow me to flash the older firmware or older radios... only MK2 radio and custom ROM's without the bootloader flash present.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
All three of you are correct. 4.3 can't be downgraded.
Sorry OP, you'll have to wait for a workaround for a custom recovery

Posted via Android Central App

PwnYourFace

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
All three of you are correct. 4.3 can't be downgraded.
Sorry OP, you'll have to wait for a workaround for a custom recovery

What if you remove Knox? I took it off my M919 and it still works 100%; is there any way to downgrade once it's been removed?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
What if you remove Knox? I took it off my M919 and it still works 100%; is there any way to downgrade once it's been removed?

You can't remove Knox completely. Maybe the app is gone, but it's also in the bootloader. That's what blocks any attempts at rooting, downgrading, or flashing ROMs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney