1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help with new s4 today uk

Hi all I'm wanting to root my phone and understand that would give me full access to do as I wish with the phone like install a snappier cleaner custom room and kernel that can double battery life I've been told ?

My main issue is all the Samsung crap currently running that I will never use that no matter how many times I kill with a task manager are back on within minutes , this in turn is ruining my experience with the phone as battery saver mode is on throttling performance my screen brightness is set so low it might as well not be on !

If people could tell me the best custom room available and kernel and what I need to do and anything else I need to know to get the best power consumption and performance I can it will be gratefully apretiated

The phone is a month old and was on Vodafone but I popped a three network sim in and it worked so guessing it's unlocked ? It's running android 4.3 any info needed let me know as want to get this done as soon as possible thanks in advance for the help

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: help with new s4 today uk

Build number ends mk8 seen this can be important

The Vodafone S4 build ends in MK9 (or at least mine did).

I would recommend CyanogenMod 11, been running it on my Vodafone S4 LTE for a while now and it's awesome (been using CM since getting my Nexus 4 over a year ago).

Install procedure is straightforward and easy but bear in mind if you ever want to restore the stock ROM you will need an app called Triangle Away to reset the flash counter or the standard ROM will report itself as Custom and you won't get any OTA updates.

I have no known issues running CM11 on my S4, it's fast (and it's running 4.4.2 KitKat) and the battery life is immense. 17hours without dipping below 40% battery life.

What I would say is that unlike the stock ROM, the stock Google camera app doesn't support saving to the external SD card so if thats a factor then you may need to look into it. I purchased Camera FV-5 which allows me to save anywhere and (in my opinion) is a much better app than the stock one.

Good luck!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for that peejay ! So 4.4.2 kit kat is miles ahead of what I'm running as standard then 4.3 ?? Why is this as it says my software is up to date ?

Can you slow everything you said down to an idiots guide please and tell me step by step please what I need and how to do it lol ? Sorry for troubling you

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Also will this put a cleaner version on my phone without all this samsung **** running in the background and any apps really I'm not using coz at the minute I kill 30 programs and within 10 mins there all running again it's got to be draining my battery like no tomorow