1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking to update from MDL...

Not sure if i posted in the right section...but i purchased a Sprint galaxy s4 a couple months after it was first released and it was unlocked. I am a person thats pretty knowledgeable about rooting and roms and what not, but buying a that was rooted and unlocked i dont know where to start or go from here or even what the phone has. All i know is...it has a custom recovery (twrp) its on MDL android 4.2.2 and a kernel version of 3.4.0 (shabbypenguin@minty-fresh-14 #1) and it running a stock rom. Another thing is...i dont understand if its supposed to be unlocked doesnt that mean i can travel abroad and use a sim from whatever country im in? I tried and it didnt work. My gf's verizion s3 thats not unlocked or anything did happen to work..like wtf?

Anyway, to break things down...im looking for where can i go from here? should i start from scratch? I feel like im out of the loop with everything and looking for something to give my phone a face lift but i maybe want to stick with a stock rooted rom...whats out there? and also my phone is getting pretty annoying with wanting to install MF9.. posting this on xda also..thanks

Global Posts
    13,810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Looking to update from MDL...

Quote Originally Posted by darkflare999 View Post
    Not sure if i posted in the right section...but i purchased a Sprint galaxy s4 a couple months after it was first released and it was unlocked. I am a person thats pretty knowledgeable about rooting and roms and what not, but buying a that was rooted and unlocked i dont know where to start or go from here or even what the phone has. All i know is...it has a custom recovery (twrp) its on MDL android 4.2.2 and a kernel version of 3.4.0 (shabbypenguin@minty-fresh-14 #1) and it running a stock rom. Another thing is...i dont understand if its supposed to be unlocked doesnt that mean i can travel abroad and use a sim from whatever country im in? I tried and it didnt work. My gf's verizion s3 thats not unlocked or anything did happen to work..like wtf?

Anyway, to break things down...im looking for where can i go from here? should i start from scratch? I feel like im out of the loop with everything and looking for something to give my phone a face lift but i maybe want to stick with a stock rooted rom...whats out there? and also my phone is getting pretty annoying with wanting to install MF9.. posting this on xda also..thanks
    I would look at flashing a new ROM, but not a stock one. Cyanogen, Slim if you like AOSP. I am not sure what is out there for TouchWiz.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here