AT&T S4 4.4 Google Edition help

Flashheatmvp3

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I know you probably aren't supposed to ask this but I'm not really savy with this stuff. Could anybody help me with some step by step directions to help me root my phone and put on the Google edition ROM with kit kat 4.4? I currently have an AT&T S4 that is running on 4.3. Any steps with links would be appreciated, also I'm not sure where to find reliable roms so a good one would help also. All I know is u have to download a couple programs and download a ROM other than that I'm helpless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Att 4.4 Google edition help

Hey. Look on xda for the step by step. I had the bell Canadian sghi337m variant and used the cf autoroot method, and ROM manager on my phone. I used the Google play 4.4 ROM from xda for our phone variant (pretty sure att was in the list of phones)

Posted via Android Central App

firedoug

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Att 4.4 Google edition help

As of Jan. 15, 2014 this is not possible. With GS4 AT&T 4.3 MK2 which is what you have you are only able to install 4.3 Touch Wiz custom ROMS on to this device.

The best choice I am aware of for a custom ROM on our phone is Hyperdrive RLS12.

Root phone install, a custom recovery console, flash Hyperdrive and all the custom support files for ATT

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
You can use the Google play edition ROM. Since Google play edition Android builds are made by Samsung and not google, the ROM actually uses a touchwhiz kernel. I know it sounds strange but its true. It works with safestrap.

Posted via Android Central App

santsem

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: AT&T S4 4.4 Google Edition help

Okay so I know you probably aren't supposed to ask this but I'm not really savy with this stuff. Could anybody help me with some step by step directions to help me root my phone and put on the Google edition ROM with kit kat 4.4? I currently have an AT&T S4 that is running on 4.3. Any steps with links would be appreciated, also I'm not sure where to find reliable roms so a good one would help also. All I know is u have to download a couple programs and download a ROM other than that I'm helpless

- - - Updated - - -

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38