- 8 Posts
[SOLVED]Best root method for Galaxy S4 I9505/I9500 running Android 4.3
I'm new to the forums so hello there Before I get flamed for posting this I'd like to say that I have looked on this forum and throughout google for my question and I have yet to get a definitive response. I just got a new Galaxy S4, my second phone ever and my first android phone and obviously, I'd like to root it. I've taken a look at the pinned thread in this subforum that gives us a guide for rooting it and it seems pretty simple and straightforward BUT I've seen many people claim that the method didn't work for them once they updated to Android 4.3 or that they had other issues.
Now I really don't want to mess up my phone since it's still shinning :P That said I'd just like to ask if anyone with an International S4 and on android 4.3 has tried the rooting method pinned to this subforum and succeeded?
Also, the whole rooting/custom rom business has me a bit confused. My main goals are to be able to install any app on my micro SD card and maybe delete some of the bloatware. Can I do this with just a root or would I need a custom ROM as well? Please let me know.
Last edited by za8bit; 02-01-2014 at 09:39 PM.
- 8 Posts
- By Samsung_S5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 13Last Post: 02-23-2014, 08:27 PM
- By Graeme Duncan in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:42 PM
- By Alisha161 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 MiniReplies: 5Last Post: 02-02-2014, 07:40 AM
- By emscapt47 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 02-01-2014, 07:44 PM
- By ahawkua in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 1Last Post: 02-01-2014, 06:54 PM