Returning to rooting and need advice

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So the last time I was actively rooting phones was during the rein of the Thunderbolt from HTC. I haven't played with a Samsung device since the first epic. I've seen there is no way to unlock the boot loader. .. so what are people using to flash since you can't put clockwork mod on the phones I'm guessing? I've got a vzw S4. I want a nice rom, debloated, not cyanogen. I've never liked their stuff. I've seen a few roms but don't know which are really the best. Like I said... it's been a while. I used to be big into doing themes and editing my favorite roms to make them really my own, pulling bits and pieces from multiple roms and combining them. Have been out of the game for a few years. Now I want to get back into the game. What do people recommend to do since bootloader is still locked down?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

jjones0960

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
So the last time I was actively rooting phones was during the rein of the Thunderbolt from HTC. I haven't played with a Samsung device since the first epic. I've seen there is no way to unlock the boot loader. .. so what are people using to flash since you can't put clockwork mod on the phones I'm guessing? I've got a vzw S4. I want a nice rom, debloated, not cyanogen. I've never liked their stuff. I've seen a few roms but don't know which are really the best. Like I said... it's been a while. I used to be big into doing themes and editing my favorite roms to make them really my own, pulling bits and pieces from multiple roms and combining them. Have been out of the game for a few years. Now I want to get back into the game. What do people recommend to do since bootloader is still locked down?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

If you are currently running 4.3 and are wanting Flashing Custom Recoveries or flashing Custom ROM's, as of right now is impossible and if you try, you will either soft brick or hard brick your phone and there is no way to fix it. But there is a work around the bootloader and only getting ROM's for 4.3. This link might help you get a good idea what you could do but it might be for you, just because you have a Verizon Gs4

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2448942

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12