Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [EE] Can I root my S4? [Noob] [Help]

Basically, I have been wanting to root my phone for a while but I had heard that rooting with certain carriers can brick my phone. I don't have insurance and I don't want it to be bricked.

Can someone tell me if I can root it? Tell me if I need to post any information because I badly need this done!

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: [EE] Can I root my S4? [Noob] [Help]

Yes you most likely can root your s4.. What carrier do you use and what version is your phone's baseband version in (about device)

rooting your phone is the easy part, it gets more complicated when you want to flash a new rom to your phone.. That's where the trouble starts if you flash a rom that is not specific to your device. Also samsung has come out with a bootloader that will forever tell them you have rooted your phone.. as of now I don't think there is any possible way to load a boot strap and rid the phone of that message. If you read this just search around... (root for sch-r970 <---- that my phones name and then add the baseband vers that you have) you should find plenty of ways to root your phone.. kingo ect..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

My Carrier is EE which is a merger between T mobile and Orange and my baseband begins with i9505