Sorry if this has been asked I have been searching online and watching videos all day trying to find help.
    I installed CM with the new loader, and everything was working great. I went and checked for updates and one was available, I proceeded to download and followed the steps to install. It installs and reboots and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo comes up and the phone freezes.

Am I missing a step? Any ideas on what I can do to get my phone back?

Thanks
    02-23-2014 08:04 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked I have been searching online and watching videos all day trying to find help.
    I installed CM with the new loader, and everything was working great. I went and checked for updates and one was available, I proceeded to download and followed the steps to install. It installs and reboots and the Samsung Galaxy S4 logo comes up and the phone freezes.

Am I missing a step? Any ideas on what I can do to get my phone back?

Thanks
    Welcome to Android Central
    How did you update the ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    02-23-2014 08:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central
    How did you update the ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    Through setting and about device, check for updates.
    02-24-2014 05:33 AM
    So this morning I restored to the base Telus Samsung image using Odin and got it back to default - Only problem with this is the Wi-Fi wont turn on.
    Reinstalled CM using the get.cm website process.
    So the phone is working again and I am not going to try to update it but I just noticed that I have absolutely no sound. Can't make phone calls because there is no audio, no game sounds, alarms, ringtones...nothing.

HAHA - and I just opened it and it wants me to install the stupid update again. It automatically went and downloaded it. This is what it says:
    A CyanogenMod update, cm-jfltecan-653fb2916d-2ba458973a-signed, is available for your device. This is the one that my phone won't boot up after it installs.

I happily run CM 10 (I think) on my Tab2.0 7" and love it. I was hesitant on putting my phone on CM as I still had warranty on it...any advice would be great. I want CM, but I am now stuck with CM with now sound or go back to base image and deal with no WIFI.

Galaxy S4 - SGH-I337M
    Android Version 4.4.2
    Kernel: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g5a32c11
    CyanogenMod 11
    02-24-2014 09:48 AM
    Im having the same problem. The phone keeps freezing at boot screen before the cyanogen logotype.
    Lately my phone started having random crashes so I thought the update was a fix but it totaly crashed my phone.

Is there a solution for this problem?
    Can someone guide me what to do next?
    02-24-2014 01:28 PM
    Well I managed to find a solution. Sammobile.com has all the legit samsung software. Use Odin to install I was never so happy to here my device play sound again, and the wifi works. Keeping my S4 legit from now on.
    02-27-2014 09:46 PM