Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Successful install of Saferoot... now what

Hi i succesfully installed saferoot using instructions on these forums and another website. I installed it to use the app" Adaway". After succesfully using that program to modify the host.zip file and eleminating ads. Do i still need to be in developer mode for that to function or will I be able to disable the developer mode? I am not an advanced user and do not want to modify things until maybe I learn more. Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: Successful install of Saferoot... now what

Hello,

As far as I know once developer mode is enabled you can't remove it. Your phone may have the option to turn the options off from the Developer Mode so you don't accidentally change something.

Update: Thanks to our awesome Ambassador's I found out if you go go into Settings/ Apps/ and find your Settings app, clear DATA on the app. It will remove Developer Mode being enabled/visible.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.