Galaxy S4: ROM backup help

twister8008

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Good evening. I just rooted my phone, but I can't figure out how to back up my current rom and install CWM. The last time I rooted my phone was with my droid incredible. I am stuck right now. I have rom manager and therefore supposedly CWM, but when I try to backup my current rom it restarts into standard android recovery. I really want to get rid of touch wiz, but I also want to have an easy return to stock again if I need to. I used to have cyanogenmod on my other phoneand it was awesome. Is it good on the S4? What build/rom is fully operational? Thank you for your help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Rom backup help

Good evening. I just rooted my phone, but I can't figure out how to back up my current rom and install CWM. The last time I rooted my phone was with my droid incredible. I am stuck right now. I have rom manager and therefore supposedly CWM, but when I try to backup my current rom it restarts into standard android recovery. I really want to get rid of touch wiz, but I also want to have an easy return to stock again if I need to. I used to have cyanogenmod on my other phoneand it was awesome. Is it good on the S4? What build/rom is fully operational? Thank you for your help.

Welcome to AC :)
You can't make a nandroid backup without a custom recovery, and ROM manager doesn't install it for you. You need to install CWM first, then make a backup, followed by a custom ROM. I recommend SlimKat :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

twister8008

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply! I went to CWM's website, but I can't find out how to install it. Do I need another program? Thanks again!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply! I went to CWM's website, but I can't find out how to install it. Do I need another program? Thanks again!

You use Odin to flash CWM or TWRP.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just used safe strap nandroid.... it really depends on what firm ware your on if your at&t mk2 4.3 your only option is safe strap

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo