Rooted Sprint S4 has Received The OTA Update - Okay to Install?
I have a rooted Galaxy S4 (Sprint), running the ClockworkMod 18.104.22.168 Recovery. I haven't installed any custom ROM yet (keep getting an error - but that's an issue for another post.) My phone automatically downloaded the latest OTA system update (currently running 4.3 on the phone). I haven't tried to install the new update yet, but wanted to make sure it was okay to do first. Do I need to unroot before installing this update or am I okay because I haven't installed a custom ROM yet?
Thanks (obviously new to rooting).
- 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM #2
- 03-12-2014, 09:56 PM #4
Re: Rooted Sprint S4 has Received The OTA Update - Okay to Install?
There was a thread pertaining to this. If I recall correctly it was in the Moto G forum back around the time the US version was getting KitKat. I don't remember the specifics however.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
- By jaganathin in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 8Last Post: 06-17-2015, 12:37 PM
- By guy3145 in forum Android 2.3 GingerbreadReplies: 6Last Post: 03-12-2014, 12:55 PM
- By Start ando in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2014, 10:37 AM
- By Adam_Guzmann in forum Droid RAZR HDReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2014, 10:19 AM
- By nicholasch18 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-12-2014, 10:10 AM