Rooted my GS4

george99

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Today I rooted my GS4 so I'd be able to get the GS5 toggles. I did it and everything is working fine. I did this by going in build.prop and changing the ro.product.name and ro.product.device. But, when Samsung releases the OTA in a few months that has the same look as the GS5, can I still download the it? Will the OTA work if I change everything I edited back to what it was originally(rename those files)? I don't care if I lose my root with the OTA, because the only reason why I rooted was to make the phone look like a GS5 and if Samsung officially releases that, then I'm happy and no longer need root access.

I realize I may get chewed out for even attempting to root because it seems like I did it for a stupid reason. But I'm just curious about this.

Thanks

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi
Today I rooted my GS4 so I'd be able to get the GS5 toggles. I did it and everything is working fine. I did this by going in build.prop and changing the ro.product.name and ro.product.device. But, when Samsung releases the OTA in a few months that has the same look as the GS5, can I still download the it? Will the OTA work if I change everything I edited back to what it was originally(rename those files)? I don't care if I lose my root with the OTA, because the only reason why I rooted was to make the phone look like a GS5 and if Samsung officially releases that, then I'm happy and no longer need root access.

I realize I may get chewed out for even attempting to root because it seems like I did it for a stupid reason. But I'm just curious about this.

Thanks

Renaming the files back might be okay and work but if you've got titanium backup and deleted any applications then the ota won't work but besides that couldn't you just download the newest update and flash it when it does come out that sounds alot easier....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781