I need some help rooting my s4

Jayy69

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I've got the i9505 model I've looked at the sticky on the forums and im a wee bit confused with all the warnings about bootloader and stuff so do I unlock my bootloader after rooting and if so how do I

Posted via Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Isnt the i9505 the international gsm? And what they mean is before 4.3 if you have mk2 firmware the bootloader wont be able to be unlocked with the lokidoki tool which is included in a lot of the twrp and cwm builds you would simply flash the recovery flash the loki tool and then make a nandroid back up of your rom save it to your sd card or ext sd (external sd card) its crutial you save it to your external do a full wipe cache everything accept your ext sd then load your rom and flash it to your internal memory reboot and done

must have unlocked boot loaders!!

Jayy69

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Any ideas what I can do lol my carrier network is three I just don't wanna try rooting my phone them mess it up I did my s2 with odin and shiyah I believe

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Read and understand and know this once that knox flag is ticked no warranty your screen shorts out without damage tuff luck your power button goes out vol or home tuff luck you root it breaks you pay for every repair keep in mind full retail is 675+

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Right I've got all I need but am still unsure if the bootloader is unlocked or not...

....... The i9505 does not have a locked bootloader. 100% unlocked. It can be rooted with cf-root on any rom or bootloader version including kitkat since ages ago. It does not require loki, it has no lock anywhere, 0, zero, cero, zilch. It only has a knox flag, that will be triggered when a custom recovery, kernel or rom is installed and the only thing it will do is void your warranty. But you can still install whatever you want on any bootloader version. You don't need to unlock or bypass anything. That said, flashing cf-root will trigger this flag, but, you can still flash it if you want.

I think we need a sticky on the S4 section mentioning the only ones with a locked bootloader are the at&t and verizon variants. The only ones requiring loki are at&t and verizon.

What applies to at&t does not apply to the rest of them.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
....... The i9505 does not have a locked bootloader. 100% unlocked. It can be rooted with cf-root on any rom or bootloader version including kitkat since ages ago. It does not require loki, it has no lock anywhere, 0, zero, cero, zilch. It only has a knox flag, that will be triggered when a custom recovery, kernel or rom is installed and the only thing it will do is void your warranty. But you can still install whatever you want on any bootloader version. You don't need to unlock or bypass anything. That said, flashing cf-root will trigger this flag, but, you can still flash it if you want.

I think we need a sticky on the S4 section mentioning the only ones with a locked bootloader are the at&t and verizon variants. The only ones requiring loki are at&t and verizon.

What applies to at&t does not apply to the rest of them.

Yea sorry I wish mine was unlocked :( loki dont work past 4.3 and kit kat so im safe strapped (wasnt even going to get into that) ok man I reccomend cwm after you root the rest still does apply about the backup make sure you save it to the extsd so you wont accidently delete it and be romless and loose everything use a program called titanium backup to backup all of your apps and call log and sms restore for the rest you might want to get a 32 or 64 gig sd card it makes it a lot easier :) store your rom you want to flash on your extsd and after your full wipe select it from the list flash it and boom also always check your md5 sums

Jayy69

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
No joy tried the way on the stickies it gets stuck I think it's cos the drivers army installing on my pc properly whenever i plugI my phone out says drivers weren't installed correctly

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
No joy tried the way on the stickies it gets stuck I think it's cos the drivers army installing on my pc properly whenever i plugI my phone out says drivers weren't installed correctly

Did you install the samsung drivers first?

Also, I dont think motochopper roots a 4.3 stock rom of the i9505. I havent tried it though, so im not sure.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I need this information settings> more> about device its going to be twards the bottom

Attachments

• 1395299749069.jpg
    1395299749069.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12