Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By metle_geek
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Default Unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 Red

Can someone help me unroot my Samsung Galaxy S4 Red (AT&T)? I bought it rooted with Deadly Venom custom rom installed and I want to have a fresh and clean device like I bought it from the store. I want to sell it as I decided to stick with another device. I am having trouble getting a seller to buy on eBay and I think it's because it's rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Default Re: Unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 Red

I need this information
    Settings> more > about device
    Build number and android version
    If its 4.2.2 ill buy it from you as I want an unlocked boot loader but im no fool ill need a screen shot of it

must have unlocked boot loaders!!
    ptb127 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Ok.. I am not using the device as my own, but I will take a picture of what you are asking of. I have no clue if it's unlocked boot loaders or not. Maybe you could tell. The picture will be up within the next 30 mins.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

Attached is the picture of the screen shot. It shows android 4.2.2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unroot Samsung Galaxy S4 Red-samsung-7.jpg  

Hmmm idk almost 400 is kind of steep too rich for me

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    330 Global Posts

well make me an offer.... doesn't this have unlocked bootloaders?

Yes you see that se linux as permissive?? That indicates unlocked im sute if you dont unroot it and advertise it as boot loader unlocked with lokidokie 4.2.2 your going to get a good customer base base most I can muster is 250 andd it would take me a month to save it up as I need a new bed sorry man I work at walmart im poor damn you poverty!!!
    If icwas going to pay that much I would save up a nother hundred or so and wait for the new nexus to come out

There are quite a few threads with steps to unroot. Here is one that may help:

unroot

Now, the confusing part...

• Someone looks at your eBay ad, sees your price and says if it's 4.2.2 they'll buy it.
    • You provide a screen shot proving it is indeed 4.2.2
    • Someone says nahhh, that's too much money
    • Someone lowballs $250 but wait, they don't really even have $250...
    • If you are patient and suspend your sale for a month maybe they'll buy it, but only if a bed is bought first
    • This really isn't a For Sale venue to begin with. I think the OP understood this part.

Thats why I backed off I seriously do need a new bed priorities first im already on a red gs4 I just want the unlocked boot loader and in perfect condition but if im going to spend that much im getting a 32 gig nexus which is basically the same price
    Sorry I wish you luck I really do bu if you marjet it as an at&t rooted unlocked boot loader you might get a better hit not for me and sorry not trying to be a cheap scape but im being realistic

Quote Originally Posted by trucky View Post
    There are quite a few threads with steps to unroot. Here is one that may help:

unroot

Now, the confusing part...

• Someone looks at your eBay ad, sees your price and says if it's 4.2.2 they'll buy it.
    • You provide a screen shot proving it is indeed 4.2.2
    • Someone says nahhh, that's too much money
    • Someone lowballs $250 but wait, they don't really even have $250...
    • If you are patient and suspend your sale for a month maybe they'll buy it, but only if a bed is bought first
    • This really isn't a For Sale venue to begin with. I think the OP understood this part.
    But he needs to odin flash the official kitkat just simply unrooting wont work as it would be stuck without root privileges to make the changes it would just be stuck on that rom unless they have a nandroid back up of the stock rom in which just wipe everything and flash the stock rom go to super.su and select unroot then do the ota or odin flash the official kit kat from www.samobile.com also you need triangle away (not free I think its around 5 dollars) it resets the flash counter

The best thing I can do is offer a trade? As mine is the red version and I can totally Un root and flash all of the official firmware and have all of my counters set to 0 it is the 16 gig variant AT&T if anything I would open up the phone clone my mother boards Imie# and serial number and either swap boards or swap sim cards and micro sd and use it for a back up or parts in the event I crack my screen that's honestly all I would use it for so I'm out if I'm spending that much I'm getting a nexus 5 so I don't gotta deal with this locked boot loader nonsense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app