I updated my Verizon S4 to MK2 using kies. I would like to remove the phones encryption?

pego99

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
During the update kies asked me for a password which encrypted the whole phone with the password. The password is needed to decrypt the phone every time I turn it on.
The select screen lock page does not allow me to turn off the screen lock, I can only choice pattern, pin or password but I cannot go back to just swipe to turn on.
The Samsung rep at Best Buy thought the Kies program can decrypt the phone but I don't see how.
Can someone tell me how to decrypt the phone so I can just use the swype to turn on.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
During the update kies asked me for a password which encrypted the whole phone with the password. The password is needed to decrypt the phone every time I turn it on.
The select screen lock page does not allow me to turn off the screen lock, I can only choice pattern, pin or password but I cannot go back to just swipe to turn on.
The Samsung rep at Best Buy thought the Kies program can decrypt the phone but I don't see how.
Can someone tell me how to decrypt the phone so I can just use the swype to turn on.
Can't you factory reset from within the phone system settings and start over? I would imagine that you could, so give that a try. Be sure to backup your data before proceeding as it will delete User data.

pego99

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks but I will wait till I get the GS5.
I can live with this for now.
It's weird as I can change the password but just can't have no password.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463