- 1 Posts
Galaxy S4 Rooting Questions..
Hello, this Christmas I received the Galaxy S4. This is my first smartphone and I have a few questions about rooting.
First, is it a big risk rooting the phone? I don't want my brand new phone to become a paperweight.
Second of all, what are the benefits? I know with jailbreaking a phone and with cydia you can do many different things that appeal to me including hacking games, changing software etc.
My last question is how would I go about rooting my phone. I want a software that would enable me to do the things you can do with cydia i.e cheating games etc. If you could link me with a useful software and possibly a tutorial that'd be great.
Thanks for your help!
- 03-29-2014, 10:05 AM #2
Re: Galaxy S4 Rooting Questions..
Welcome to the forums and Android!
Rooting can POSSIBLY brick your device. It used to be a common occurrence, but now it is very rare, but still possible.
Benefits can include backing up your current OS (called a Nanadroid); installing apps, like Titanium, that allow you to make changes to the system apps; some apps have functions or options that are only available to root users; the ability to use Xposed Framework, which can allow you to alter the OS....the list goes on.
As for gaming cheats, I am not sure how root access allows you to do that.
Check this out: GalaxyS4Root.com - Learn How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4, install custom ROMs, and more!
Just look for your carrier version of how to root.
- 04-05-2014, 09:52 AM #3
- 04-05-2014, 11:26 AM #4
- 04-05-2014, 12:10 PM #5
- By jnichols16 in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 10Last Post: 09-10-2015, 12:55 PM
- By waz ahmer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 25Last Post: 04-18-2014, 10:09 AM
- By DroidKillaz in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 04-06-2014, 02:22 PM
- By ccamdj in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 3Last Post: 04-01-2014, 08:52 AM
- By Edible Walrus in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 03-29-2014, 02:53 PM