Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bell Galaxy S4: Cannot make calls and no sound after trying to install stock firmware

Ok so I got my S4 a couple weeks ago and after playing around with it I decided to root and install CM11,all went well until I decided I wanted to go back to stock and I used Odin to put 4.2.2 back on,now the problem is I have no sound and I cannot make any calls at all but I can text message still.I tried to update to 4.4 again and when I do the phone is really slow,I have no signal and cannot text.Is my phone pooched now?I talked to a friend and he said it sounded like a modem issue so he found me one online but it didn't help at all.I tried putting the stock firmware on through Odin multiple time but I have had no luck so far getting the sound back or being able to make calls,so I was hoping maybe someone here had some ideas I could try to get my phone back.I really need some help on this as I feel I have tried everything to get this phone working again but I fear it is broken beyond anything I can fix but like I said maybe someone here has an idea I haven't tried yet.I thank anyone in advance who can help me.The model number is SGH-I337M and is locked to Bell
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-30-2014 at 06:49 PM.

Default Re: (Bell) Cannot make calls and no sound after trying to install stock firmware

Try downloading the stock firmware again possibly from another source and start there... I don't have an s4 anymore but used to and odined back to stock many many times without a problem... Maybe somehow u just had a bad download or something of the sort... Try that first and if you're still having problems, post here or pm me and I'll try helping you further

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: (Bell) Cannot make calls and no sound after trying to install stock firmware

I have a couple stock firmwares that are 4.2.2 that I found online for my phone and neither one works,I tried searching for other ones but could not find any other ones,I did find a 4.3 firmware but Odin fails when I try that one,I appreciate the help
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

just wanted to let you know I was to flash slimrom 4.4.2 onto the phone but I still have no sound I am starting to think maybe hardware issue?I hope not the phone showed no problems before I flashed cm 11 and then when I tried to go back to stock all this happened

I have to say it feels weirdly good to see someone else having the exact same problem as me. I have no audio in my device since some point (not immediately) after installing the SlimKat ROM. I've been trying to fix this all weekend, and gotten to the point where I also am questioning whether it could actually be the hardware.....It seems unlikely, but nothing is working!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Obamaphone View Post
    I have to say it feels weirdly good to see someone else having the exact same problem as me. I have no audio in my device since some point (not immediately) after installing the SlimKat ROM. I've been trying to fix this all weekend, and gotten to the point where I also am questioning whether it could actually be the hardware.....It seems unlikely, but nothing is working!
    when you make a call does it go through?or does the phone lag?mine lags for quite awhile but the weird thing is I can still send text messages

Default Re: Bell Galaxy S4: Cannot make calls and no sound after trying to install stock firmware

The screen goes black, but I can see that the call has gone through because when answered the contact info pops up. Can hear a tiny bit of noise from inside the call - just enough to know the speaker is functioning somewhat - not dead silence like the rest of the audio.

Sent from my SPH-L720
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Default Re: Bell Galaxy S4: Cannot make calls and no sound after trying to install stock firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Obamaphone View Post
    The screen goes black, but I can see that the call has gone through because when answered the contact info pops up. Can hear a tiny bit of noise from inside the call - just enough to know the speaker is functioning somewhat - not dead silence like the rest of the audio.

Sent from my SPH-L720
    it's strange issue anyway,I have read some people had luck with restoring the stock firmware,but that has not worked for me so far,I have tried everything I can find on the internet to try and fix this issue but nothing has worked so far,maybe we will get lucky and someone will chime in with some further advice,I cannot see it being hardware but you never know

I am having this exact same issue. Happened ever since I rooted my phone I believe. Directly after rooting my phone got all twitchy and crap. So I installed the Cerberus ROM but it did the same thing. So I wiped everything and installed the Mahdi ROM but it still had the same issue. Now I'm on CM11 and still having issue. When I call the center screen goes black but I can still see and operate the Nav bar and the call goes through but I can't see the call screen and no1 can hear me and I can't hear anyone else. Also no text to speech. Also I tried using CWM recovery and TWRP. Same issue still. Also I can't play any videos at all.

Same issue here. I have the sprint version of the phone. Any sort of sound or video on the phone just refuses to play. Been dealing with this for about a month now. Have you guys found any sort of solution?

Quote Originally Posted by DarthLmnt View Post
    Same issue here. I have the sprint version of the phone. Any sort of sound or video on the phone just refuses to play. Been dealing with this for about a month now. Have you guys found any sort of solution?
    I reloaded the entire stock Rom and it
    Worked. Then went through the root process again and everything was good.
    But you should try reinstalling the modem again. I believe that is what was messed up

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Try a different modem

Posted via Android Central App