Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation I think my Sprint S4 SPH-L720 is very close to hard-bricked

The last ROM I had installed was SlimKat - which was great, until I lost all audio. I wanted to do a stock recovery, but I also wanted to use the Triangle Away app so I could take it back to the store. Nothing was working in CWM or Odin, and after a while I decided that this was probably due to me not having the stock kernel installed (not sure how I came up with this hypothesis - it was late and I have been losing sleep). So I flashed the stock kernel, then opened up Philz recovery. I wiped the appropriate areas of the internal memory, rebooted into download, used Odin to flash the stock ROM, rebooted into Philz recovery.
    I'm not sure how much of these insane details you need - I don't remember it all. Bottom line is this: nothing visible or usable on the phone or the SD card. No more download mode. No more Philz recovery - just the standard recovery mode, which I thought would still be enough to get me out of this mess. But I got home from work today and now the recovery mode is gone too, as is the download mode. Just a boot loop of the Samsung logo remains.

Is there anything I can do? Throw another $500 or whatever in the toilet? Or is there still a chance?

Default Re: I think my Sprint S4 SPH-L720 is very close to hard-bricked

If your on the sprint you don't need Phil recovery as you don't have a locked boot loader

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: I think my Sprint S4 SPH-L720 is very close to hard-bricked

Simply download regular cwm clear everything accept sd card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app