Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Bought a rooted VZW S4 and would like to return it to stock

I bought a rooted or custom Rom S4 and would like to return it to stock. I just don't have the time I thought I would and would rather not worry about it right now. Complete noob so I'm not sure what to do.

I've been reviewing some online forums here and elsewhere and I've downloaded the stock ROM and ODIN to my desktop as a few forums have mentioned. I then started to read about the Flash counter but I'm not sure that it would really matter for me.

I downloaded Root checker and it said I did not have a Rooted phone but it definitely seems to have a custom ROM.

Any thoughts/help/pointing me in the right direction would be awesome!

Global Posts
    21,599 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Bought a rooted VZW S4 and would like to return it to stock

Quote Originally Posted by ammarmon View Post
    I bought a rooted or custom Rom S4 and would like to return it to stock. I just don't have the time I thought I would and would rather not worry about it right now. Complete noob so I'm not sure what to do.

I've been reviewing some online forums here and elsewhere and I've downloaded the stock ROM and ODIN to my desktop as a few forums have mentioned. I then started to read about the Flash counter but I'm not sure that it would really matter for me.

I downloaded Root checker and it said I did not have a Rooted phone but it definitely seems to have a custom ROM.

Any thoughts/help/pointing me in the right direction would be awesome!
    Could you post a screenshot of say the settings screen and go to Settings>about phone and get a screenshot of the baseband and kernel version, please?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here