Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Factory Reset-Image Recovery

Howdy. I have Samsung Galaxy S4, I was doing a work assignment for some emergency work. I had images I would like to recover, but a factory reset was done on my phone. I have seen confusing posts about the images may be on the phone but not visible, or the data is there till written over again. I would appreciate any help. I dowloaded a couple of trail softwares, but these show no files. The images are related to the support for the Washington Landslide. Thanks
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-12-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Factory Reset-Image Recovery

Hi hazard, i am not exactly sure how the file structures are handled after reset, but if they are still on phone in unseen folders, then try Wondershare MobileGo, install the pc version, then connect the s4 to pc and you can look at all available files & folders on the android. hope it helps
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks. I will give that a try. I think I might need a deeper dive into the phone. I installed but it shows no pictures or data...Factory reset means data is gone forever...if I "root" the phone I wonder if the data is there...

No when you factory reset it rewrites the nand portion of your phone and the media 0 storage once it's gone it's gone this is why you should store your photos on an sd card as the sd card isn't we written

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app