Quick rooting/CM11/Gear 2 questions

Justin Gallo

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I wasn't sure where would be the best place to post this, so excuse me if I'm in the wrong place:

So, I was thinking about rooting my phone (S4 Verizon) and flashing the Cyanogen Mod 11 on it. I was wondering a few things about it though before I decide to do it...

1. Is there any way that I can flash the ROM, and still have my phone the EXACT way it is now, except with CM11? When I watch installation videos on YouTube, it seems like it refreshes your phone to simply having the stock Google experience, which I don't want. I'm currently using Nova, which I love, and I just really want... A. TouchWiz off my phone B. The Notification center of CM11 and C. The status bar. So, if there was any way to flash the mod and keep everything the way it is, similar to how you jailbreak iOS, that'd be great.

2. Is there any way to UNROOT the phone, if I ever need to? I have insurance on my phone with my carrier, so if it ever suffers a cracked screen or the like, I can get a free replacement, and I'm sure if I were rooted that'd probably be voided.

3. I was planning on picking up a Gear 2 Neo tomorrow. If I'm rooted and running a custom ROM, will I still be able to use the Gear to its full extent (as in, not like a G2 connected to it) while running the custom ROM? Or will the Gear detect that the device no longer has TouchWiz/has been modified?

Posted via Android Central App

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
S4 on Verizon cannot flash cm if your on 4.3 locked boot loader can't be unlocked ; ( you can only flash touch wiz based roms

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes when you flash a rom you delete the old one entirely everything on the internal is gone pics text apps settings you start from scratch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers