Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question How to fully convert GS4 to GPE...?

Hey guys, sorry if this question has been addressed a thousand times previously, but I searched and couldn't find anything. I know there is a way to fully convert the HTC One (M7) to a GPE so that it will recieve OTA updates from Google. So this is different than just flashing a Stock Rom, because once s-off was achieved we could actually change the CID, basically fully converting it to a GPE phone. Is there a way to do this on the GS4? If so, could someone provide a link? Also is it dependent upon what version of Android it is running? For example if its been updated to the latest version of the OS from the carrier, is it still possible? I just bought a minty 32gb GS4 that should arrive today or tomorrow, and the first thing I would like to do is convert it. I read that with certain updates it can't be loki'd... And really not into rooting just to flash Roms, I would want to convert and be done...

Global Posts
    30,546 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: How to fully convert GS4 to GPE...?

You can. It depends on who your carrier is. To my knowledge, only GSM devices can be used to flash a GPe ROM. So, that means a device from AT&T or Tmo. However, just because you will have the GPe ROM does not mean you will automatically update.
    bear_lx likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Not to be rude, but that's not what I asked. I am aware of the ability to flash a ROM. "So this is different than just flashing a Stock Rom"
    From what I am reading, you can't convert a GS4 to a GPE like you can with the m7

Global Posts
    30,546 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

I am finding methods. However, they are ported (which I don't care for) and for the international version only it seems. So, you would be better off getting a Custom ROM like Slim or AOKP.

Try this

How to Upgrade / Install Android 4.4 KITKAT on Sa…:

Posted via Android Central App