Phone is Dead

Smileh104

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Help me please!

I was running TouchWiz 4.2.2 or whatever my phone comes with. It was rooted with TWRP installed. I was on my phone screwing around when it froze. I couldn't do anything. Eventually, the battery died. It won't start now. When I had TWRP installed, I couldn't clear cache/etc because of I/O errors. I apparently was able to flash my stock TouchWiz onto it with Odin, but it's still stuck on the screen that has the lock and says "Custom" (boot screen). I don't have access to TWRP anymore. The stock recovery, I assume, how has the android guy lying down with a big X on him. I'm really panicking, please help! I'm guessing this is more of a hardware issue than a software issue, in which case what should I do? I assume I have voided my warranty.

AT&T Galaxy S4 I337
I believe it is the UCUAMDL model.

Smileh104

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way I can get TWRP back onto it? A version I can get onto it with Odin?

Another thing that might be useful: when I turned my phone on, the notification LED would turn blue for a while. Then, it would disappear, and phone would boot.

The LED doesn't turn on now. Does this mean anything?

Also, I flashed ROM again through Odin and... nothing.

When I plug my phone it, it would display the battery indicator thing on the screen. Now, when I plug it in, the battery indicator loading thing appears (gray with loading icon), but it never changes. I can't turn it off without holding power for like 10 seconds, or pulling the battery out.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
At this point, I am not sure what is up with the device. Twrp doesn't usually flash with Odin.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way I can get TWRP back onto it? A version I can get onto it with Odin?

Another thing that might be useful: when I turned my phone on, the notification LED would turn blue for a while. Then, it would disappear, and phone would boot.

The LED doesn't turn on now. Does this mean anything?

Also, I flashed ROM again through Odin and... nothing.

When I plug my phone it, it would display the battery indicator thing on the screen. Now, when I plug it in, the battery indicator loading thing appears (gray with loading icon), but it never changes. I can't turn it off without holding power for like 10 seconds, or pulling the battery out.

When you flash the stock firmware via Odin, the stock recovery replaces TWRP/CWM. Is the phone not booting at all or are you just trying to get TWRP again?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for wasting your time. I believe /data was corrupted. I wiped it and the phone is booting fine. Thanks for the help though :)

This is why they suggest checking md5 sums it helps to weed out corrupted downloads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app