- 23 Posts
Questions about Rooting
Ok. I want to root my US Cellular Galaxy S4 and get cyanogenmod. They have a really easy installer to use and I have some questions and concerns before I go through with it.
1. How should I back up my data before I root? It says to back my data up but I don't know the safest way to do that.
2. I've seen a bunch of problems that people have when they root and I don't want to have them. Can I take any precautions before so I don't have these errors?
3. Other than it becoming as close as possible to stock android, what will I gain out of rooting? What apps will I lose?
4. How can, if I needed to, return back to stock ROM and have all I had before rooting?
5. The warranty issue. Is there any way to get my warranty back after rooting? I'm really afraid of breaking my phone after rooting even though I've had it for a year.
6. Any other tips you can give me before I root? Should I do something else that I haven't heard of yet?
- 04-21-2014, 04:50 PM #2
- 1,077 Posts
Re: Questions about Rooting
OK there is no real good backup until after you root... but most likely rooting the phone won't wipe your memory it will simply add root access to your .bin folder I suggest you use saferoot on xda if your on mk2 boot loader now sadly there is no known way to counteract the knox warranty void flag so once you put that custom recovery onto the gs4 to install cyanogen that's it done but if you want to flash touch wiz based roms it shouldn't throw the flag if you use safe strap and for backing up your apps titanium backup what you need is super.su it has a script that disables the knox Se unity system that instantly bypasses a lot of issues if you want more info pm me
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
- 04-21-2014, 04:51 PM #3
- By AdreesInator in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 10Last Post: 06-13-2014, 12:23 PM
- By Lukaki in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 04-22-2014, 03:22 PM
- By budlight-budlight in forum HTC One M8Replies: 6Last Post: 04-21-2014, 08:16 PM
- By Octaviannn in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 15Last Post: 04-21-2014, 06:01 PM
- By AdreesInator in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 04-21-2014, 08:24 AM