1-Click Tether and Verizon Mobile Hotspot

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
A while ago (not sure how many months), there was a Android update that crippled the functionality of 1-Click Tether. For those that do not know, 1-Click Tether allowed me to access the Verizon Mobile Hotspot without the monthly hotspot plan. Does anyone currently use this software on Verizon? If so, exactly how do you use it? If not, does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just turn on the mobile hot spot on my phone. no extra fees, just uses my data plan.

Hi joe_fresh. No go for me. Are you sure you do not have the Mobile Hot Spot on your plan? Here is a screen shot of when I try to access the Mobile Hot Spot via either the app or via 1-Click Tether. This is not a priority for me but I would like to get that functionality back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-07-15-03-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-07-15-03-41.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 21

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I have one of the shared plans, So it is included. If you are on an older plan then yes you have to pay for it or find a a workaround app.

mysteryna

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
When you see the "subscription error" message, try pressing the "home" button (center bottom) rather than the "cancel" or "back" softkeys. In prior versions, this left the hotspot active whilst dismissing the error notice.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A while ago (not sure how many months), there was a Android update that crippled the functionality of 1-Click Tether. For those that do not know, 1-Click Tether allowed me to access the Verizon Mobile Hotspot without the monthly hotspot plan. Does anyone currently use this software on Verizon? If so, exactly how do you use it? If not, does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

I use the stock hotspot app, and pay $30 for unlimited hotspot
ebeqe3up.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When you see the "subscription error" message, try pressing the "home" button (center bottom) rather than the "cancel" or "back" softkeys. In prior versions, this left the hotspot active whilst dismissing the error notice.

Hi Mysteryna. Thanks for that but no dice. That worked in previous iterations but I guess Verizon plugged that loophole.

dpham00 said:
I use the stock hotspot app, and pay $30 for unlimited hotspot

Hi dpham00. The phone is mine but the plan is my company's. We have unlimited data but no hotspot.

Meh, unless 1-Click finds a workaround, I may just forgo it. I primarily used it when I was commuting with my laptop and such. I no longer do that so it is not really as much of a priority to me.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi Mysteryna. Thanks for that but no dice. That worked in previous iterations but I guess Verizon plugged that loophole.

Hi dpham00. The phone is mine but the plan is my company's. We have unlimited data but no hotspot.

Meh, unless 1-Click finds a workaround, I may just forgo it. I primarily used it when I was commuting with my laptop and such. I no longer do that so it is not really as much of a priority to me.

Fox Fi has found a work around, and I can attest that it works fantastically. 1 click may be able to do the same thing, otherwise the 5$ for the Foxfi key is well worth it!

Posted via Android Central App

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
What I meant is that the programmers behind foxfi have found a method that works for them. I just tested it (on the latest version Verizon S4) and confirm it still works. I can break this down for you.

1. Search FoxFi in the play store.
2. Download the foxfi app. (Free!)
3. Run foxfi. Follow the onscreen instructions and test the connection.
4. If that all works, you'll want to buy the FoxFi key (you can search that in the play store or there's a link in the app), since the free version will disconnect after a set amount of mb shared.

Posted via the Android Central App