Samsung Galaxy stuck between rooted and unrooted?
New to the forum. I've been stuck for months with my phone unable to do over the air updates! Everyday the phone asks if I would like to update my phone to the newest software. Whenever I try to do the update it says it has failed. The phone was once rooted fully but I tried to unroot. I must have done this incorrectly as the phone will no longer allow me to root (assuming I'm doing it correctly again!) nor will it allow me to install the over the air updates. When I turn the phone on a unlocked lock symbol appears under the Samsung logo. I hope I proved enough information to allow you to help me.
I appreciate the help and comments!
- 05-11-2014, 09:36 PM #2
Re: Samsung Galaxy stuck between rooted and unrooted?
its ok no need to worry
How to remove the Custom unlock icon:
Now lets remove that unlock custom icon from the device:
- Download SuperSU from the Android PlayStore
- Install and grant SuperSURoot permissions
- Update SuperSU binary
- Uninstall SuperUser
- Reboot twice and the unlock icon should be gone.
- 05-14-2014, 07:46 AM #5
- 05-15-2014, 10:03 PM #7
- 06-02-2014, 06:07 PM #8
- 06-03-2014, 11:03 AM #9
- By Madd54 in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 17Last Post: 02-22-2015, 03:35 PM
- By Jimeng in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 09-17-2014, 08:38 PM
- By noskeyz in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 06-15-2014, 11:06 PM
- By pj737 in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 4Last Post: 05-23-2014, 07:10 AM
- By srfoot in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 05-15-2014, 08:37 AM