Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default help wanted (newbie rooting questions)

Hello. All new to this. I've just bought a sumsang galaxy s4, after years of being an iPhone user. Glad I've made the swap. Love the phone and the way it handles. I've tried to plug my hdd to the phone, with no luck . After a little digging about on the Web, I've read that rooting the phone might help.
    What is rooting? And is it safe? And how can it be done? Being pointed in the right direction would help!!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

Default re: help wanted (newbie rooting questions)

If you're coming from the iphone you may be familiar with the term "jailbreaking"? Essentially rooting is the Android version of that....it gives you deeper access to your phones operating system and allows you to make changes you normally wouldn't be able to. However doing it incorrectly can totally screw up your phone, so make sure you do plenty of research and make sure you're comfortable with the process before you attempt it. Here's a good place to start:

[How To] Root Galaxy S4

Good luck!