- 79 Posts
Hi all! I'm having trouble installing Safestrap on my Verizon GS4. Phone is rooted with stock ROM and still on 4.3 with updates and notifications blocked (SDMapk frozen with TB) Other mods include Exposed Framework using 2 modules, Greenify, Busybox, and a few other root dependent APS that I don't think are the issue.
The problem I'm having is that upon getting Safestrap to install ( which has taken multiple attempts) it will open to the screen that let's me install or uninstall recovery and when I hit install it does its thing but shows "State: Not Installed". However I DO get a little pop up message at the bottom that says "Installation Complete". Safe System says " Not Active" and "Reboot to Recovery" is grayed out so that I can't select it.
I've tried just about everything I can think of to make it work, including defrosting SDM, disabling my antivirus which is e mobile security, made sure USB debugging is checked, etc.
Initially I was having trouble even getting Safestrap to install but I just kept trying until it took. And each time it would fail I'd go back and make sure I removed any traces of that aattempt before trying again.
As of right now I have the "install recovery" screen up and just got the same results as always.
So I'm at the end of my rope. If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong or missing your advice would be highly appreciated.
Oh and the apk that I downloaded was Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk which I'm told is the correct one for Verizon MK2 .
Thanks for reading my rant
- 07-25-2014, 10:50 PM #3
- By Larzukzek in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 4Last Post: 06-03-2014, 01:34 AM
- By RavenSword in forum HTC One M8Replies: 3Last Post: 06-02-2014, 02:18 AM
- By KatMiku in forum HTC One M8Replies: 11Last Post: 06-02-2014, 01:38 AM
- By MRBULLRED in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2014, 08:43 PM
- By joecfd1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-31-2014, 08:35 PM