Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to root your AT&T Galaxy S4

Looking to your AT&T Galaxy S4? Check out the latest guide below.

Universal Root de la Vega v0.5 [ Root without tripping KNOX or Malware! ] - xda-developers

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: How to root your AT&T Galaxy S4

Always nice to have more options: [How To] Root Galaxy S4
    This should work well.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:
    UJ95x likes this.

Hi,

I have made several trys at down loading this tool ..
    Deadly-Venom-v3.0.2-AT&T-KitKat-I337UCUFNC1.zip | Deadly-Venom-v3.0.2-AT&T-KitKat-I337UCUFNC1.zip | ROM by Venom0642 for Galaxy S4

That is the link I followed,,
    Download Fails..
    Last time it just stopped, the download showed "Pause" when I hit resume, it showed Failed.

I am attempting to download it onto my Windows 7 Lap top. Also I am located in South East Asia, Bangkok.. Internet connection is via wifi at home and a strong connection.

I am seeking the most up to date version.
    My device is an ATT Samsung SGS 1337 UCUFNC1 running 4.4.2 Security Software shows as MDF v1.0 Release 2
    Also Device Status shows Custom..

I had attempted root and succeeded , but received an OTA update to 4.4.2 .. and after that SU does not work.. message "No Binary file must root manually"

Some root checker programs say I have root, some say I do not..

"Simple Root Checker says Superuser found Terminal Rooted Busybox installed.

Root Checker Basic says I do not have Proper Root access

Superuser says Binary not found.

I appreciate any help, I want to get this Rooted before ATT sends out another OTA update..and perhaps closesd any known exploits..

Thanks

Garvin

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin6600 View Post
    Hi,

I have made several trys at down loading this tool ..
    Deadly-Venom-v3.0.2-AT&T-KitKat-I337UCUFNC1.zip | Deadly-Venom-v3.0.2-AT&T-KitKat-I337UCUFNC1.zip | ROM by Venom0642 for Galaxy S4

That is the link I followed,,
    Download Fails..
    Last time it just stopped, the download showed "Pause" when I hit resume, it showed Failed.

I am attempting to download it onto my Windows 7 Lap top. Also I am located in South East Asia, Bangkok.. Internet connection is via wifi at home and a strong connection.

I am seeking the most up to date version.
    My device is an ATT Samsung SGS 1337 UCUFNC1 running 4.4.2 Security Software shows as MDF v1.0 Release 2
    Also Device Status shows Custom..

I had attempted root and succeeded , but received an OTA update to 4.4.2 .. and after that SU does not work.. message "No Binary file must root manually"

Some root checker programs say I have root, some say I do not..

"Simple Root Checker says Superuser found Terminal Rooted Busybox installed.

Root Checker Basic says I do not have Proper Root access

Superuser says Binary not found.

I appreciate any help, I want to get this Rooted before ATT sends out another OTA update..and perhaps closesd any known exploits..

Thanks

Garvin
    Are you rooted and have a custom recovery?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Are you rooted and have a custom recovery?
    THAT is exactly one of the questions I am asking. AM I rooted.

I had rooted my phone in Feb.
    After an OTA upgrade in firmware courtesy of AT T I must have lost root access. As SU lost binary and Some root checker apps report no root. Others report root.

MY post is First a request for Working link to deadly venom. For Att and second a request for information, ideas on the confusion over conflicting results to root check.

also apps that require root access Fail.
    Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

THAT is exactly one of the questions I am asking. AM I rooted.

I had rooted my phone in Feb.
    After an OTA upgrade in firmware courtesy of AT T I must have lost root access. As SU lost binary and Some root checker apps report no root. Others report root.

MY post is First a request for Working link to deadly venom. For Att and second a request for information, ideas on the confusion over conflicting results to root check.

also apps that require root access Fail.
    Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    First I would say you can download a root check app from Play. Many are free, and pretty painless. I would guess you probably lost root access when you updated. You should be able to reroot the device using one of the links provided.

Once you have a custom recovery installed (usually part of gaining root access) you can then use that to flash your custom ROM. As for a proper download, I can try to see if I can find other places for you.

Phone Timeline

Thanks Golfdriver97;3710240. I tried the link that was in the original Guide.. For reasons as yet unknown to me.. DL. fails..
    Also I have a couple of apps that check for root. At half say I have root half say no..

Would appreciate a viable alternative link.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Thanks Golfdriver97;3710240. I tried the link that was in the original Guide.. For reasons as yet unknown to me.. DL. fails..
    Also I have a couple of apps that check for root. At half say I have root half say no..

Would appreciate a viable alternative link.

Sorry, was catching up on my notifications. [ROM]Deadly Venom v2.2.1 KitKat 4.4.2 SG5 MOD|AT&T|I9505[XXUGNE5][6/04/14][Themed] - xda-developers

Phone Timeline

Again many thanks..
    Will let you know how it works..
    Gar

Oops. Is that for SGH 1337 ?

Global Posts
    20,767 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Oops. Is that for SGH 1337 ?

AT&T right? It should be. I found it in the ATT forum.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Phone Timeline

I used towelroot to root my SGH-i337

I used this tool: Towelroot APK By Geohot Can Root The Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5, Note 3, And S4 Active, And (Maybe) Almost Any Other Current Device

Now for the life of me I don't know how to flash a ROM. I did this with no issues with my OLD Droid X so....Any help us appreciated

Thanks

I am rooted via towelroot, but can't get a custom recovery to actually boot. ROM Manager says it is installed but when attempting to restart I see an unlocked pad lock instead of the normal samsung gs4 (ATT) screen but don't have ROM Manager options. I only have update via zip and clearing everything rather than the normal install from zip and rom back up options. I would like to run a custom rom.

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

I had the same exact problem and was running the same thing. afterwards EVERY great root idea failed until I found TOWELROOT.apk it rooted, deactivated Knox, and I was able to finally reinstall busybox and continue the process. First things first... Full rooted backup...LOL

Okay so I used towelroot as well. It says I am rooted. The xda forum is telling me I need to create Loki. When I asked how to do so, I was told that if I didnt know what that was to not bother rooting. So can anyone tell me what that is and if it's really necessary to flash a rom?

Thanks

Can some one tell me the best way to root my samsung s4 1337?. I have done some checking and hear conflicting results.