- 2 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
question about the backup from odin
A few months ago I successfully rooted my s4. However the phone found itself upside a wall earlier today. Won't turn on or anything. I was due for an upgrade and got the s5. My question is the back-up that was created by odin, could I use that to get files or pictures that were on the internal memory if the phone. Specifically photos that were in keep safe.. And transfer those to my s5 somehow? The phone is shot, and at the sprint store, they can't even connect it to the pc.
- 06-08-2014, 10:12 AM #2
Re: question about the backup from odin
Unless Odin has changed I never remember Odin making a backup of your device? Could you be referring to a Nandroid backup made from within your custom recovery ( ClockWorkMod or TWRP )?
Either way the backups made are compressed and not in a readable state, well not easily anyways. Developers that know what they are doing can pick and pull them apart but to you and me its not an easy process and I'm honestly not sure if its even doable to retrieve your photos.
- By jacobkeller98 in forum Ingress GeneralReplies: 7Last Post: 01-07-2015, 07:16 AM
- By Kel M in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 06-11-2014, 11:40 PM
- By CannedBullets in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 06-09-2014, 01:22 AM
- By overground55 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 8Last Post: 06-07-2014, 08:12 PM
- By Moltres_rider in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 0Last Post: 06-07-2014, 03:53 PM